• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which budget ATI card is best for ut3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why ATI? As im tired of wating for a ATI patch everytime a new demo comes out. And Nvidia right on the spot every time

I don't know what you played but even all the lastest demos (UT3, Crysis, COD4) I could play with all the way back to the 7.5 driver on my card.

nVidia on the other hand is the way your saying, to get perfromance they have to patch every game specifically, but as well there cards to fair very well in gaming too.

links? Last time i saw a review, the 8600GT destroyed the 2600xt across the board.

I'm supposing you saw BM w/o AA?

Depends upon the version of the card. There are 2600XT cards that are available for $100, and there are versions that go for $160. I don't doubt that the 256MB GDDR3 version lost to an 8600GT, but the 512MB GDDR4 version is consistently on par with the 8600GTS.

Back