• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your laptop overlocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-maddog-

Asus m6ne
Dothan 1600mhz stock @ 1766
Mobility Radeon 9700 390mhz core, 210mhz memory @ 515; 265

I can probably push it farther though I have had some cooling issues( for some reason only WoW heats up my laptop and the fan doesn't run like it should when playing it. hits around 80). All overclocks done through software.

Last edited:
Ouch.
I had an old gericom 1.7ghz P4m pushed to 2.0 then caught fire at 2.1 so I lost a laptop there. I have an acer aspire 5050 2.2ghz pushed to 2.4ghz with x1100 graphics at 400mhz. It's pretty good but it gets hot enough to cook an egg.:santa:

Ouch.
I had an old gericom 1.7ghz P4m pushed to 2.0 then caught fire at 2.1 so I lost a laptop there. I have an acer aspire 5050 2.2ghz pushed to 2.4ghz with x1100 graphics at 400mhz. It's pretty good but it gets hot enough to cook an egg.:santa:

Wow, was it the battery?

I can probably push it farther though I have had some cooling issues( for some reason only WoW heats up my laptop and the fan doesn't run like it should when playing it. hits around 80). All overclocks done through software.

80C? That thing is on fire!

I had my dothan 1.6ghz running at 2.13ghz with the popular pin mod. I don't think it ran @ stock ever.

I need help i want to overclock my acer 5050 I have no idea how to
Are you willing to throw the laptop away if things go bad? Overclocking is fun and does bring some performance benefits, but laptops are designed to only remove the heat that is produced at stock configuration. So, what risk are you willing to tolerate?

Im buying a new pc anyway so if something goes wrong its not a problem if something goes wrong I'll just take the parts that still work and use it in another labtop xD

HALPPPPPPPPPPPPPP please I WANT TO OVERCLOCK MY LABTOP!

Last edited:
Wow this thread is kinda back from the grave.

My old HP p4 3.0HT / mob radeon 9600 wouldnt OC much, but my new xps m1530 loves to clock, especially the GRAM

Back