• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clocking my X2 3600+ Higher Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no dude i think this might be the end for him. im running into the same thing with my 5600+. i can come so close to having it stable at 3.35 to 3.4Ghz core 0 is sweet but core 1 is crappy. i put some volts into mine to. i went up to 1.575 . he could try to up the voltage a little more.

Yeh its definitely core 1 that is causing this. I have ruled out RAM as it was memtest86 stable at 1000MHz.

I ran prime95 on core 0 and it ran fine. Next I ran it on core 1 and it just never gets past the first iteration. The program still responds, it just never gets to the second iteration....I left it for a good 2 hours and still doing iteration 1.
Maybe I should try 1.55v and see if it wants to budge then.

make sure and keep your eye on the temps. can you go a step below 1.55 like 1.475, 1.5, 1.525? i would hate to see you fry your cpu. i'm running 1.5 and it will load up to a little more than that. the only reason im running 1.5 is cause i have water now and my temps own. my cores never go over 48C.

like i said I ran my voltage up the 1.575 (scary) and made no difference.

make sure and keep your eye on the temps. can you go a step below 1.55 like 1.475, 1.5, 1.525? i would hate to see you fry your cpu. i'm running 1.5 and it will load up to a little more than that. the only reason im running 1.5 is cause i have water now and my temps own. my cores never go over 48C.

like i said I ran my voltage up the 1.575 (scary) and made no difference.

Well at 1.38v I am hitting 45c full load....so I'd say I wouldn't be doing more than 55c full load at 1.5v....Probably not even 60c at 1.55v

the temp in your room can change things a lot too. right now where im at its about 64-66F nice and cool. at full load with my **** cheap water my CPU i dont think goes above 38C. my cores get a little warmer. just make sure and keep a eye on the cores too.

the temp in your room can change things a lot too. right now where im at its about 64-66F nice and cool. at full load with my **** cheap water my CPU i dont think goes above 38C. my cores get a little warmer. just make sure and keep a eye on the cores too.

Coretemp doesn't read the Brisbanes correctly, so I'm using the BIOS Reading which my Biostar Utility gives me. My Ultra 120 Extreme feels warm to the touch at best.

Well at 1.38v I am hitting 45c full load....so I'd say I wouldn't be doing more than 55c full load at 1.5v....Probably not even 60c at 1.55v

I was gonna push mine too, but I read a lot of people saying don't go over 1.5v. My temps are nice and cool too, but I didn't want to fry the 'ol CPU.

I was gonna push mine too, but I read a lot of people saying don't go over 1.5v. My temps are nice and cool too, but I didn't want to fry the 'ol CPU.

CPU's are alot tougher than you think! Lots of people "say" don't go over 1.5v, but in reality, the likelihood that in a months, or even several years time it will fail is slim. Temperatures are more important for longevity.

ps2cho not sure if this has been suggested but some people claim that the Brissy's need a bit of tweaking on the sub-timings for stability when you get into high clocks.

Try a trfc of 105 or 127.5 and a tras of 20-26 with a 2T command rate. Having suggested this I can tell your from personal experience that it really made no difference with my particular Brissy but many people say it helps so it's worth a shot.

CPU's are alot tougher than you think! Lots of people "say" don't go over 1.5v, but in reality, the likelihood that in a months, or even several years time it will fail is slim. Temperatures are more important for longevity.

I figured I was at the point of diminishing returns anyway. I'd like to see how yours turns out though.

Oh, my second core held me back too.

ps2cho not sure if this has been suggested but some people claim that the Brissy's need a bit of tweaking on the sub-timings for stability when you get into high clocks.

Try a trfc of 105 or 127.5 and a tras of 20-26 with a 2T command rate. Having suggested this I can tell your from personal experience that it really made no difference with my particular Brissy but many people say it helps so it's worth a shot.

This is what I was told also

Also try loosening some of the more obscure timings like Max Async Latency (this is an important one for ocing, I set it to 10 or so when maxing the CPU), and trfc (I think 195ns was good) to take some stress off the mem controller. Also you probably already did this, but 2T Command rate is essential for high clocks.

I think it help me a bit, but not really that much. Also, I had to flash a modded BIOS just to get these settings, FYI.

Back