• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus eee-pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am seriously going to buy one of these after they are all released. It would be a great mobile web surfer... and I would also use it as a skype server for the OCF Podcast.

Jordan

Are you maybe thinking about the OLPC project? or the $100 project?

That was uped to $200

If it wasn't for vista, good xp notebooks would be around $400/$500

Last edited:
I will get this for sure if its like $200-$300...that is the PERFECT school laptop! Hell, at 7" I could take it to class and do all my notes without any problems at all. That is so amazing. I mean that is just over half the size of my 15.4"!!

Looks like it will be more widespread very soon. I can't imagine how easy class will be with this. I could just throw it in my bag and go all the time!

Just curious...it says it uses a GMA900 Integrated Graphics card....I wonder if it would play any games at all? Would games even run at it's tiny resolution (800x480)?

I'm so getting the black one too!

Last edited:
I will get this for sure if its like $200-$300...that is the PERFECT school laptop! Hell, at 7" I could take it to class and do all my notes without any problems at all. That is so amazing. I mean that is just over half the size of my 15.4"!!

Looks like it will be more widespread very soon. I can't imagine how easy class will be with this. I could just throw it in my bag and go all the time!

Just curious...it says it uses a GMA900 Integrated Graphics card....I wonder if it would play any games at all? Would games even run at it's tiny resolution (800x480)?

I'm so getting the black one too!

Depends on the game, any of the Blizzard games would run fine on it, as would older titles like Quake III and Ut99, and CS (not source). Of course to do that you would need to install Windows XP on it.

This does look like one hell of a little laptop. This would be perfect for me to take notes in class and ssh with X forwarding into our Linux labs for the CS classes I take.

hrm, I'm REALLY considering one of these. I have a desktop, but I kind of just want something to grab and take to the library but I don't really need a full featured laptop. (But If I come across more money I'd definitely go for it)

Anyone have one yet?

The only thing I can think of that is close to this is the sharp actius MM1 and MM20. They are just over 2 pounds. I would pay $400 for one of these but probably not the Asus. I guess we will see if prices drop for the Asus.

There is suppose to be an 8gig model I think. They also have it in Black, but it is harder to find...cept maybe on ebay and for a little more.

Back