• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another 8800GT post woohoo - Dimensions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ratbuddy

When anyone gets their hands on one of these, would you mind measuring the card's length? I got a MicroATX with a drive cage to worry about.. Hopefully it fits or my eSATA bracket is gonna be getting a workout..

Thanks

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's 9", sorry can't find where I read that.

I'm more concerned about the length of the card - as in, is it going to hit my hard drive cage or not? Don't care at all about 1/2 slots.

I can confirm 100% it IS 9" long, I did measure mine yesterday. (the card that is)

Is it exactly 9"? I have a Shuttle and I've got about an 1/8th of an inch past 9"...then it would bump into a knob on my mobo.

Is it exactly 9"? I have a Shuttle and I've got about an 1/8th of an inch past 9"...then it would bump into a knob on my mobo.
:welcome: to the forums!! :D:D

Remember that you also have to plug in a power connector. Check out some pictures of the video card and see if it will have an issue ;)

You... :eek: !!!!!!.. :eek:!!! :eek: .. :eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!shiftoneoneshiftplusoneshiftoneone11!!1111

*RUNS into the bushes and hides!!!!!*

:)

lolhit.gif

:welcome: to the forums!! :D:D

Remember that you also have to plug in a power connector. Check out some pictures of the video card and see if it will have an issue ;)

The power connector wont be an issue since its on the top of the card...I'm just worried about the lower corner bumping into a something (not sure what its called) on the mobo.

The power connector wont be an issue since its on the top of the card...I'm just worried about the lower corner bumping into a something (not sure what its called) on the mobo.
The PCB. ;)

This is what it looks like. The end of the ruler is 9".

Those maroon knobby-sort of things are what I'm talking about.

The brown things in the pic are capacitors if thats what your refering too.

BTW what cards in there currently?

That's a 7800 gt in there right now. I know an 8800 gts will fit in my case so if the 8800 gt is the same size it should fit.

That photo is.. Well, it doesn't help much :) You would need to remove your current card and run the ruler in through the same slot it rests in to see for sure, or at least through an adjacent slot.. I did a little measuring myself, and it's not good news.

My current card is just long enough that it blocks the first RAM slot's retaining clips. The new one is going to block all 4. Not a huge dealbreaker, but annoying because I do swap memory around pretty often, and now to change even 1 stick the video card is gonna have to come out.

Oh well, it'll be worth it.

Back