• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about getting this, any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeasonalEclipse

Vostro 1500 Notebook from dell.

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5270 (1.4GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic
LCD PANEL 15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA LCD Display with TrueLife™
MEMORY 1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, 2 DIMM
HARD DRIVE 160G 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
OPTICAL DRIVE 8X CD/DVD Burner w/ double-layer DVD+R write capability edit
VIDEO CARD 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8600M GT
MEDIA DIRECT Dell Exclusive MediaDirect™ Instant Play Software Application
WI-FI WIRELESS CARD Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Wi-Fi Mini Card
WEBCAM No Webcam Option

For 730 bucks shipped... It will be replacing my main system.. Will this be able to do some light gaming and the like? I think this is the best value out with a half way decent video card... Id love for someone to prove me wrong though. I plan on buying this in a day or two.

Anyone have any coupons or codes that can make this cheaper by chance? lol

I've got a 30% off coupon if you're interested, but it doesn't change the price on that setup. It would greatly help reduce the price of a more expensive setup however.

I've got a 30% off coupon if you're interested, but it doesn't change the price on that setup. It would greatly help reduce the price of a more expensive setup however.

Hm sounds interesting, but I think this is the best bang possible for the moment... (I spent a couple of hours configuring possible setups.) hmm... Ill see if I can come up with anything.. What are the requirements for the coupon? Inspirion notebook I assume? or better?

I have the vostro 1700 with 8600M GT. Plays crysis on low settings at 20fps (1280x720 windowed mode), if you would something to gauge the card by :)

the coupon works on any dell small business system (inspiron, vostro, desktop...), but it expires today.

If you cruise around the net to find one of those prebuilt vostro links and then customize it yourself, can get a good deal.

Example, my sister for a Vostro 1500 with 2gb ram 160Gb hard drive and the 2nd to top cpu for 820$ out the door.

1gb is murder on Vista..its all a good deal..I like the 8600gt, the 15 inch screen and the all the other features but 1gb has to be turned into 2gb at least

1gb is murder on Vista..its all a good deal..I like the 8600gt, the 15 inch screen and the all the other features but 1gb has to be turned into 2gb at least
You mean it uses more than 1gb? I have 2gb and with everything running (firefox, im, seti, etc etc etc, tons of programs, aero, two monitors, sidebar, steam, hlsw) I'm using 33% of that....

0.33 * 2000 = 660mb

1gb will do you fine.

All right, its ordered. If it seems sluggish when I get it ill probably up to 2 GBs since as we all know dell murders people in RAM prices.

yeah dell usually gives dates that are further off to cover their behinds. Typically they are shipped in a couple of days, only once or twice have I seen them take the entire time (and I've order lots of dells).

Back