• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Automated ip reseting file/prog

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Papo

Does anyone know how i can make a file like a batch or something to reset my IP. I have ATT DSL connected to a router so this batch here wont work for me.
Code:
 @ echo off
ipconfig /flushdns 
ipconfig /release 
ipconfig /renew

the only other thing i have heard of is a program recording keystrokes and mouse click that would log into my web based router(Dlink) app and disconnect and recconect. Does anyone know how to do this or another method to reset my IP with my router still connected? Thanks for any advice:)

What model router is it (exactly)? If it accepts telnet, then you could do it that way using a script.

D-link WBR-1310 REV-A1 (just finished searching through the manual and i can't find anything on telnet) but yet the manuals are pretty weak. Is there another way for me to verify?

Last edited:
is your dsl giving you statc ip's? mines does the same thing, not sure if its the router tho, becuase after my ip lease expires, my router wont pull an ip after dhcp release/renew, but when i reset the modem, my router grabs the correct ip.

I get a dynamic IP from my provider. When I ran that batch while I was connected straight to my modem it doesn't change the IP, but when I log into my router I can hit disconnect and then connect and it will grab a new IP. I just need some way to make that automated.

If my router doesn't support it (I've been meaning to get a new one), can you reccomend one that does that bestbuy sells(i get a discount). And if you could post how i would be able to make a batch to telnet in. I'm not to familiar with telnet commands. Thanks again for the responses, you guys rock

I didn't find anything that says this router supports telnet. You can go through the web interface and see if there is an option to enable it, but other than that, I'd say it's a lost cause.

Back