• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom X4, AMD, OverDrive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To: Closet
Subject: Re: Apparel

Closet,
Please provide me with one clean pair of pants. I have soiled my current pain in excitement.

Awaiting your reply,
Cheator

That's awesome.

The appeal of pulling the maximum overclock out of each core independendly is, IMO: profoundly awesome.

This, to me, is one of the main reasons I support AMD; They offer the best options for overclocking.

So is the Multiplier unlocked?

what kind of cooling would you need for a 3.3 @ 65nm?
At most I'd say downward unlocked on retail chips, like intel's offerings (except totally unlocked on extreme editions).

Cooling would depend on the voltage.

What kind of cooling and voltage does it take to push a current 65nm AMD chip to 3.3ghz?

So is the Multiplier unlocked?
How much could 65nm and 45nm Barcelona reach?

score.png

nice and close but imo they should have dropped the multi on that cpu and gone with a faster fsb. to match the others, wouldnt have been that hard imo.

200 fsb? Weak, the new 790X chipset from AMD can hit 500MHz with decent stock cooling. I wonder how the memory is doing? DDR-1066 is the new standard for AMD and 1333 is possible on high-end sticks.

Those benchmarks look pretty good, much more beliveable... Cyrsis?

All the chips in the graph are running at stock speeds.

that is true but im not sure what your saying with that... i am looking at the fsb speed they can keep the cpu at stock speed but up the fsb. that would have been nice to see if the fsb is effecting the cpu. it could be that if the fsb was the same per cpu's the fps difference wouldnt be there, who knows. at thise point though i wouldnt fret over 2-4fps....that would be like whining about loosing a penny in the street.

i think everyone is getting to jumpy. we need to wait tell tons of people own them and see what they get. stuff can be taken out of context to help pump the product and boost sales at first.
didnt something like that happen with ATIs 2900 cards? everyone was saying that they where going to be so much better then 8800GTX and that was not true.

3.3GHz soo early on is quite impressive for little AMD.
Looks like all of the cooperation with IBM and hard work in the fabs has really paid off.

nice and close but imo they should have dropped the multi on that cpu and gone with a faster fsb. to match the others, wouldnt have been that hard imo.

actually, K8 never showed much improvement with higher HTT, of course results for K10 HTT overclocking haven't really been tested yet

check this out, Phenom at 2.3ghz with only .976v.

http://my.ocworkbench.com/bbs/showthread.php? threadid=68538

this is promising!

;) can we say, "Headroom"

not being limited to just the slowest core

by setting affinity you can choose what progs run on which core, and with independent clocking, you can have the more intensive progs run on the faster cores and less intensive on slower cores

lol, return of the Turbo button anyone?

3.3GHz soo early on is quite impressive for little AMD.
Looks like all of the cooperation with IBM and hard work in the fabs has really paid off.

that we will have to wait to see....

1st hand yea know :D

this looks very promising. Im on an intel quad right now, but i have to say I am an AMD fan at heart.

and dose anyone realize how complicated and time consuming indipendant core speeds is going to make our hobby????

this looks very promising. Im on an intel quad right now, but i have to say I am an AMD fan at heart.

and dose anyone realize how complicated and time consuming indipendant core speeds is going to make our hobby????

one core at a time :D

I can see running 3 at 500mhz and the other at 3ghz 24hrs then to the rest of the cores then max all and see what your outcome is ;D

Back