• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom X4, AMD, OverDrive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"Overdrive"? Jesus Christ what's next? "MEGA POWER"! "FASTCHIP!"

Anyway... any word on when these chips will actually be available in a real store?

"Overdrive"? Jesus Christ what's next? "MEGA POWER"! "FASTCHIP!"
Anyway... any word on when these chips will actually be available in a real store?
Don't mock ATi's OverDrive:sn:, it's been around for a while and AMD is just expanding from GPU only, it looks like to be a pretty good OC tool, IMO.

AMD is rolling out their X4's before the end of November, if they can produce enough to feed the hungry OEMs.

Don't mock ATi's OverDrive:sn:, it's been around for a while and AMD is just expanding from GPU only, it looks like to be a pretty good OC tool, IMO.

AMD is rolling out their X4's before the end of November, if they can produce enough to feed the hungry OEMs.

Oh I see... So it's like a video card thing? You probably know by now I'm not an ATI guy... :)

But I think I've heard of it before now that you mention it. Isn't that ATI's video overclocking feature built into Catalyst?

Oh I see... So it's like a video card thing? You probably know by now I'm not an ATI guy... :)
But I think I've heard of it before now that you mention it. Isn't that ATI's video overclocking feature built into Catalyst?
Yup, it's basically going to be a whole nTune-like package that allows the overclocking and management of the CPU, Chipset and GPU all in one program.
Overdrive in Catalyst is very simple, all it does is change the core and memory clock, nothing more.
What AMD has in the works will allow for control over pretty much everything, most of the multis, voltages and clocks.

All cores can be clocked independently with a separate multiplyer and the new 780/790 chipset can hit over 500fsb so you have a lot of headroom.

Back