• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H3 Achievements

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scott9027

Anybody up for some Halo 3 achievements, I'm looking for 4 people so we can do some Lone Wolves. I still need Overkill and a few other elusive achievements. If anybody wants to help let me know and we can get a game going. My gamertag is Gong Li. :beer:

You just need to set your language to something that nobody playing xbox would use and then set it to look by language -- then you all end up in the same lone wolves game...ta-da!

no offense, but why do you care whether or not someone has achievements. its not going to give me some advantage in multiplayer, i just want a decorative sword on my back. frankly, the overkill achievement can't be gotten legitimately, its too hard, and its standing between me and my sword.

no offense, but why do you care whether or not someone has achievements. its not going to give me some advantage in multiplayer, i just want a decorative sword on my back. frankly, the overkill achievement can't be gotten legitimately, its too hard, and its standing between me and my sword.

It cant? How did I get it? Please tell me. Ive even got the video for it.

Ok, I guess you're one of those people who has the sword, and I'm happy for you. If you don't want to try this that's fine, but I'm still going to.

On the "Haloween" gametype there was a ton of people getting the overkill, I even saw someone get the 7 kills in a row medal.
I got the 2 for 1 achievement mulitple times too, even though I had it already.

I guess it's fine if you get your friends to play with you but I hate when I join a game and people are like hey lets get achievements and then I'm like no I'm not doing that and they are like **** you *******. So yeah I hate people who only play for achievements.

I guess it's fine if you get your friends to play with you but I hate when I join a game and people are like hey lets get achievements and then I'm like no I'm not doing that and they are like **** you *******. So yeah I hate people who only play for achievements.

Yes but the more people who get them out the way the less games your going to get into with people who just wanna play for achievements. Me on the other hand couldn't give a toss I just play for the fun and try to get some cool kills love that force hammer it's great.

I have about 885/1000 most are single player achievements currently can't play cause my console is in repair may come back next week here's hoping.

frankly, the overkill achievement can't be gotten legitimately, its too hard, and its standing between me and my sword.

Frankly, I hope you don't find anybody to help you. It is hard for a reason. The sword should signify someone who has put in the effort. Not someone who cheesed their way through the achievements.

Glad to see there is still people who agree with me.

Absolutely. It's just another form of taking shortcuts, bypassing the intended goal, circumventing. You know; cheating.

Any game at all (Halo 3 or any other) have achievements for a reason. They are something to strive for. To challenge yourself and the way you play and reward you with a symbol of you overcoming that challenge.

Getting a bunch of friends to stand in a line while you kill them not only demonstrates you have no skills whatsoever but you completely circumvent the whole point.

The only person you are truly playing against, is yourself. Getting achievements with "friends" this way only proves you fail at that too.

- Blackstar

Absolutely. It's just another form of taking shortcuts, bypassing the intended goal, circumventing. You know; cheating.

In my opinion its just a game. This is not RL. As long as the act does not affect others online experience in any negative (hax) way, then do what you want.

Also I am relatively new to the Xbox 360 scene and do achievements/gamerscore do anything other than increase the size of your epenis?

In my opinion its just a game. This is not RL. As long as the act does not affect others online experience in any negative (hax) way, then do what you want.

Also I am relatively new to the Xbox 360 scene and do achievements/gamerscore do anything other than increase the size of your epenis?

But it DOES affect us. Just because it doesnt disable me from playing the game, or give you a new weapon, it still affects the truthful players by taking away something we try hard time after time to get.
Heres a scenario. I just spent a whole week playing every level in Sonic and finally beating it. Im excited as hell. Hours of torment and anger (and blistered thumbs) have finally led me to this moment where I win. Im feeling pretty cool right now(so what if its nerdy, youre all nerdy too :p) and then I come over to my buddies house and I tell him the story. "So, I did it in like 30 minutes with my Game Shark".
Wow, you just verbally kicked me in the balls.
and if its "just a game" then wtf do the achievements matter to you anyway?

Back