• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 8800GT SLI Overclock with Thermaltake ND1's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I didn't read the thread at the following link, but I found this snippet here.

This may be why your having issues. You might just have to wait for new drivers.

Hmmmmm.... yeah, I'm running Vista 64, to boot :eek:. I guess I'll see soon enough, the Crysis driver release especially should be telling. I saw that quote in the review a few ago, but didn't remember it until now.

I think I'm going to mount an Arctic Silencer 5 on my card, but I'm a little worried that it might not fit.

dan

Well, it's been a couple of days now and it's been rock-solid, as well as BLISTERING fast in games. It seems 3dmark06 just didn't support SLI properly as the SM2.0 score doesn't change at all between the 1 and 2-card setup for me. In games, it seems to be working full-tilt, when I enable the SLI meter I can see it as well as in the framerates delivered.

The one game I've been playing a lot is the one that came with the cards: Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. It runs great at 1680x1050, max in-game settings, 16x HQ AF, 8x AA for me. It's pretty good-looking, too ;). I've tried out CS:S and TF2 some, but haven't yet tried Hellgate London, World In Conflict, and The Witcher much at all yet. However, UT3's demo ran perfectly (as expected).

I'll be starting on the other games shortly... honestly, I was all hepped up to buy UT3, but ET:QW is more fun to me than the demo of UT3 is, plus I already own it, soooooo... :). I'll report back with some performance numbers sometime soon on those as well. For 24/7 use, I dropped down to 729core/1836shader/2050ram for the two cards, as I don't like to run my hardware on the bleeding-edge of its stability, and the Q6600 CPU to 3240mhz instead of its 3285mhz speed.

Well, it's been a couple of days now and it's been rock-solid, as well as BLISTERING fast in games. It seems 3dmark06 just didn't support SLI properly as the SM2.0 score doesn't change at all between the 1 and 2-card setup for me. In games, it seems to be working full-tilt, when I enable the SLI meter I can see it as well as in the framerates delivered.

The one game I've been playing a lot is the one that came with the cards: Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. It runs great at 1680x1050, max in-game settings, 16x HQ AF, 8x AA for me. It's pretty good-looking, too ;). I've tried out CS:S and TF2 some, but haven't yet tried Hellgate London, World In Conflict, and The Witcher much at all yet. However, UT3's demo ran perfectly (as expected).

I'll be starting on the other games shortly... honestly, I was all hepped up to buy UT3, but ET:QW is more fun to me than the demo of UT3 is, plus I already own it, soooooo... :). I'll report back with some performance numbers sometime soon on those as well. For 24/7 use, I dropped down to 729core/1836shader/2050ram for the two cards, as I don't like to run my hardware on the bleeding-edge of its stability, and the Q6600 CPU to 3240mhz instead of its 3285mhz speed.

Did you see the guy on XS got 20 K with his 2 x GT's, pretty impressive, all on stock cooling...

Thats GONNA BE ME BABY!!! 20,000 in 06!!!! He got over 18k with the cards at stock and a quad at 3600. I run my Quad at 3700!!

Man I cant wait.

The NDF1 HSF was originally made for 7900GT / 7950GT wasnt it???

Did you have to mod ANYTHING to make the old style cooler fit the 8800GT.

From my uderstanding the 8800GT cards are much longer in length than a 7900GT. But the 4 holes around the GPU should be about the same.

Do any of the other holes around the GPU line up for both the 7900GT and the 8800GT? Do any of the capacitors get in the way....

The reason why I ask is because of this thread...
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=535923

Back