• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 8800GTS XXX 320MB or XFX 8800GT 512MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AzAzEl656

I would like to know which one of these two cards would be the best in terms of graphical performance and heat. I know the 8800GT has more RAM, but will it beat the GTS xxx edition?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

There's no question about it; Get the 8800GT 512MB, it will obliterate the 320mb GTS in every benchmark and it's same price if not cheaper. The GT will run a bit hotter however.

There's no question about it; Get the 8800GT 512MB, it will obliterate the 320mb GTS in every benchmark and it's same price if not cheaper. The GT will run a bit hotter however.

Well, my friend has the HR-03 GFX cooler and I'll fix the airflow in his case a little. So, it probably won't be too much of a problem.

If you plan to OC that GT much plan on upgrading the cooling. With an HR-03 you should be set assumint it is the one for a 7XXX series card not the one for the 8XXX series.

HR03 RevA will work, but I believe TR is releasing a new HR03 specifically for the GT if you can wait.

HR03+ won't fit.

Definately go for the 8800 GT, if you run stock settings the stock cooler is OK, once you start OC it you need to get better cooling, the new Zalman VF1000 looks like a good choice, the Thermaltake TMG ND1 needs a slight mod to fir but also has proven to work well.

Back