• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it might be possible but your gonna need some massive volts to hit that. the L2 steppings need more volts to oc vs the B2/G0 steppings. if your looking for 4.2ghz your better chance is waiting on the new 45nm G0 cpus in january. that is if your on air cooling if you on water you might might hit that now with the a E6x50 cpu.

generelly the L2's topped out around 3.2ghz for a 24/7 stable oc. i was able to get my E4300 to do 3.4ghz for some superpi 1m runs but that was bout it, it took 1.65volts to do it as well(on air,ninja hs).

it might be possible but your gonna need some massive volts to hit that. the L2 steppings need more volts to oc vs the B2/G0 steppings. if your looking for 4.2ghz your better chance is waiting on the new 45nm G0 cpus in january. that is if your on air cooling if you on water you might might hit that now with the a E6x50 cpu.

generelly the L2's topped out around 3.2ghz for a 24/7 stable oc. i was able to get my E4300 to do 3.4ghz for some superpi 1m runs but that was bout it, it took 1.65volts to do it as well(on air,ninja hs).

yeah im happy with my quad but i was just wondering if anyones tried it.

and its a m0 stepping, i meant the l2 cache was 2mb, not that the stepping was l2.

sorry for any confusion :)

yeah im happy with my quad but i was just wondering if anyones tried it.

and its a m0 stepping, i meant the l2 cache was 2mb, not that the stepping was l2.

sorry for any confusion :)

thats right i forgot the E4xxx line got a stepping change as well.... i havent seen any M0's ocing wise... i would still expect them to need alot of votlage to oc though, just my thoughts... hopefully someone will show up with a M0 stepping E4xxx and give more on its ocing.

I OCed an E4400 M0. It was pretty bad, needed voltage bumps around 2.8ghz. I didn't really tweak it that much but got it stable at 3ghz with about 1.34 volts or so on a DS3L after the vdroop. Maybe it was just a bad chip though. ::shrug:

Last edited:
do all L2 steppings need lots of volts to OC?
I have an E6300 L2....waiting for Asus p5k til i can properly OC it.

well it took my L2 1.4v to hit 3ghz 24/7 stable. that doesnt sound to bad but nothing like the early B2's. like my e6400 is doing 3.2ghz with just 1.37 volts.

do all L2 steppings need lots of volts to OC?
I have an E6300 L2....waiting for Asus p5k til i can properly OC it.

You may get 3-3.2ghz stable, whereas a B2 e6300 (Conroe, not Allendale) would do 3.4-3.6ghz stable.

My little E4400 is L2 stepping and does all I could ask of such an inexpensive CPU. Runs at the OC in my sig (10x 300) with only +.04v from VID (1.365 set in BIOS; ~1.33-34 after Vdroop).

Managed to get stable @ 3.45GHz (10x 345) with 1.565v (1.54 after Vdroop) but temps were up there on air. I bet it could hit 3.5 but would take 1.6+ to do it & I don't have the cooling for that. It's definitely near the limit.

If you're curious, it scaled like this:

2.0GHz(stock) - 2.8GHz; 1.325v (stock; VID)
3.0GHz; 1.365v
3.33GHz; 1.465v
3.4GHz; 1.505v
3.45GHz; 1.565v

Definitely to the point where any gains would not be worth it. Plus it gets HOT! :eek:

Back