• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GT nTune stability test crash @ default settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dont know what I am talking about ?

I have had more hardware than most of the people in this forum will ever see, including every gfx card thats come out in the last 3 years.

I never "threw" anything at you and in your first post it seemed like all this was your opinion and it says "TRUST ME ON THIS" comign right from your lips. Maybe if you had posted where your belief is from people might take you more seriously.

I didnt know that years on a forum increased your IQ (hahah mr. killerkid with a gateway), in the grand scheme of video card overclocking 50mhz HAS NEVER BEEN a big deal, the card either does it or it doesnt, we are talking stock volts here. Anyway i am not goign to continue a discussion with someone such as yourself even though you should be credited for warning people if this does exist.

I will call eVGA myself and ask them what they have to say about this.

you can do what you wish, but you asked for a fight when you started to run your mouth off and you know it. I just simply put an end to it. Call anyone you want, do whatever you want I don't care. Just don't misinform people on these forums. And just because i was working on a huge sticky of how to properly overclock the 8800gt and the guidelines to follow, im sooooo sorry that i didnt respond with as much detail that you would of liked. Oh wait, you didnt make this thread, someone with little knowledge on the 8800gt did and wanted help, i simply gave it to him without going into a lot of detail to save myself time so i could get back to my sticky.

HAHA and you have bought every graphics card in the last 3 years, yea thats really probable, let me tell ya. Your starting to sound more and more like a joke, just stop.

And its not my belief, and i dont need to back up what i say. My reputation alone here is enough. My word here is taken into account more then you think. I have been here since 2003, pretty sure i know these forums, these people, and software/hardware etc. I don't care if you have spent 49283billion dollars on all of the graphics cards in the last 3 years, you still don't have the right to misinform people. Keep your OPINION to yourself, while i will keep sharing facts. Thanks.

I agree that we shouldn't argue this at all and we should just simply see the facts....that i have already laid out. The type of computer i use has nothing to do with my knowledge. killerkid is a very old alias, has nothing to do with my knowledge, and neither does my hardware. Considering this rig is the best price/performance ratio out, im pretty sure i did pretty well.

Not everyone has enough money to buy "every graphics card in the last 3 years" What a joke!

Last edited:
you can do what you wish, but you asked for a fight when you started to run your mouth off and you know it. I just simply put an end to it. Call anyone you want, do whatever you want I don't care. Just don't misinform people on these forums. And just because i was working on a huge sticky of how to properly overclock the 8800gt and the guidelines to follow, im sooooo sorry that i didnt respond with as much detail that you would of liked. Oh wait, you didnt make this thread, someone with little knowledge on the 8800gt did and wanted help, i simply gave it to him without going into a lot of detail to save myself time so i could get back to my sticky.

HAHA and you have bought every graphics card in the last 3 years, yea thats really probable, let me tell ya. Your starting to sound more and more like a joke, just stop.

And its not my belief, and i dont need to back up what i say. My reputation alone here is enough. My word here is taken into account more then you think. I have been here since 2003, pretty sure i know these forums, these people, and software/hardware etc. I don't care if you have spent 49283billion dollars on all of the graphics cards in the last 3 years, you still don't have the right to misinform people. Keep your OPINION to yourself, while i will keep sharing facts. Thanks.

I agree that we shouldn't argue this at all and we should just simply see the facts....that i have already laid out. The type of computer i use has nothing to do with my knowledge. killerkid is a very old alias, has nothing to do with my knowledge, and neither does my hardware. Considering this rig is the best price/performance ratio out, im pretty sure i did pretty well.

Not everyone has enough money to buy "every graphics card in the last 3 years" What a joke!

Well I CAN say your posts are out of line. One more post like this one (or several others in this thread) and you'll have 3 days to think about it.

You'd be surprised how often people switch hardware. Here's my C2D lineup over the last year. THE LAST YEAR.

E6300
E6300
E6300
E6400
E6420
E6420
E6600
E6600
E6600
E6700
x3210
x3210
x3210
q6600
q6600
q6600
E6850

cw823, im sorry if you feel my comments were out of line. I already ended the discussion with him. I was simply trying to make a point and I guess I got a bit carried away. He's apart of the community too. I apologize to him and to you and to the rest of the community for being out of line. Thanks for showing me the light.

I'm glad that you also buy/sell hardware but to make a statement as vast as to say that hes owned EVERY graphics card in the last 3 years, is highly unlikely and not even probable, even with buying and reselling. But if he wants to make those statements thats fine, I will leave him to his own ignorance. Either way, you don't need to worry about me, thanks for your time.

cw823, im sorry if you feel my comments were out of line. I already ended the discussion with him. I was simply trying to make a point and I guess I got a bit carried away. He's apart of the community too. I apologize to him and to you and to the rest of the community for being out of line. Thanks for showing me the light.

I'm glad that you also buy/sell hardware but to make a statement as vast as to say that hes owned EVERY graphics card in the last 3 years, is highly unlikely and not even probable, even with buying and reselling. But if he wants to make those statements thats fine, I will leave him to his own ignorance. Either way, you don't need to worry about me, thanks for your time.

Youd be amazed at some of the deals Rattle has gotten on GPU's in the past few weeks let alone years. Little shmuck made money on some GPU's... Grrr I evny u Rattle. He's had his fair share of hardware as I've seen it, me personally I've gone through 3 GPU's in the past year, 4 CPU's, 3 Mobo's, yup that basically sums it up. There are some here that do have money and like to stay on the cutting edge and willing to take that little hit that we do when we resell the hardware.

But as said I'd definatly be curious to all this memory talk. Til just yesterday I've been running 999Mhz on my memory since Monday. No issues. If I take it to 1050 sure I was having issues in games so bumped it back down. Since then I've taken it to 900 then back to 950Mhz, and was really able to clock my memory and shaders up even more so which is nice :)

Though having the faster memory at 999 I get more performance boost then upping my core 40Mhz or shaders to the next step. So til Rattle gets a little more confirmation (I trust his judgement) I'll keep it at 950Mhz on my memory.

thanks mate. Im working on a sticky right now, just talked to the mods and im writting up a sticky for the 8800gt. It will be VERY informative. Again, sorry rattle i just got a little irritated. Ive been going over this with so many people via aim, its annoying, sorry to take it out on you mate.

Glad to see this thread took a turn for the better. I didn't like the way Rattle was being attacked >: And I am looking forward to that sticky Killer. Isn't it better when we all play nice :)

it is indeed =D, sorry again to the community for being cranky lol. If only you guys knew the half of it.

killer i think that while your doing your investigations into this problem for your sticky, try and find out if it may be heat related. I think you've said before that you don't think it is, but its worth trying to find info on i believe.
Thanks in advance.

thanks for the tip but im a step ahead of you. It is actually not heat related, but frequency related. I will go into more detail later. I actually might not finish it tonight/this morning, im hella tired already lol

I just noticed an oddity, while playing games and such at 1000mhz memory clock doesn't seem to be an issue I have noticed that using 3dmark 03 locks the machine up during battle at proxycon everytime, but it runs fine when mems are at 950mhz.

Can someone else test this and see if it's not just my card?

cards I've owned

9700pro
9800pro 256mb 256bit flashed to xt and still running today
9800pro AIW
6800gt AGP
6800gt PCI-E
6800gs (2)
6600gt
7800gt (2)
7800gtx(2)
7600gt
x1800xt
x1900xt (2)
2900xt
8800gtx(3)
8800gts320 (2)
8800gt(2)

so not literally every single card in 3 years but basically everyone thats mattered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back