Is my psu getting hammered?

I feel like the new guy with a thread name like this.. but im not really an expert when it comes to these sort of things.. unfortunately, math was my worst subject, and i use a calculater to overclock

Right now im not haveing any problems per say, just with asus probe, and even worse, everest. Here is a screen, so you can get an idea of what im saying tho everest reads my 12v at 11.3.. i did not include it in the screen, because i forgot to open it heheh

My only real issue is what the 12v is showing, This is my psu, its supposed to have 54a on the 12v. With the system in my sig, with an additional 2gb of ram, and the overclock in the screen, is it possible to be comeing close to the limit of the psu? Im getting a very good deal on This psu in a combination deal. I was getting some occasional freeseing and such dureing extended 3d sessions as well, so i figure the 850 should buy me a little more time, if my current psu is the issue..
    Intel Xeon x5690 E.S. @ Stock/H100
    Asus Rampage III Formula @ 133/3200/3200
    3x2GB STT Chrome @ 1333 6-6-6-20 1T
    Asus GTX 580 Matrix Platinum @ Stock
    Intel 520/WD Black
    Auzentech Prelude
    Thermaltake SP850M
    Fractal Design Define R4

Destroyer of Spammers, Trolls and Cretins
    Premium Member #12
    Quote Originally Posted by freeagent View Post
    I feel like the new guy with a thread name like this.. but im not really an expert when it comes to these sort of things.. unfortunately, math was my worst subject, and i use a calculater to overclock

Right now im not haveing any problems per say, just with asus probe, and even worse, everest. Here is a screen, so you can get an idea of what im saying tho everest reads my 12v at 11.3.. i did not include it in the screen, because i forgot to open it heheh

My only real issue is what the 12v is showing, This is my psu, its supposed to have 54a on the 12v. With the system in my sig, with an additional 2gb of ram, and the overclock in the screen, is it possible to be comeing close to the limit of the psu? Im getting a very good deal on This psu in a combination deal. I was getting some occasional freeseing and such dureing extended 3d sessions as well, so i figure the 850 should buy me a little more time, if my current psu is the issue..

Freeagent,

Use a digital multi meter on one of your molex plugs to check your voltage, don't trust the software readings.
    Intel E8500 @ 3608 MHz...............Intel E7500 @ 3333 MHz Home Server
    DFI DK P45 T2RS Plus.................Same
    WD Velociraptor 150 & WD Raptor 74...Raptor 74 - Hitachi Deskstar 1TB
    ATI 5750.............................ATI 6200FX
    Dell Ultra Sharp U2413.............. Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WA
    2 x 2 GB GSkill PC8500 @ DDR2 960....2 x 1 GB GSkill PC8500
    Corsair HX520........................Corsair HX520
    Coolermaster NV 690..................Lian-Li PC-K7
    Vista 64.............................XP Pro
    Experience teaches only the teachable.

You need multimeter, software is just a guess.
    Dell XPS 1330 T8300, 4GB PC6400, LED Monitor, DVD Burner, Intel 4965 wireless, Bluetooth 360, 9cell battery, Windows Vista Ultimate, Remote

Q9550, Gigabyte ex38 ds4, 4GB Corsair Dominator PC8500, evga 8800gt, Corsiar 520w psu, WD 640GB HD, LG Eide Dvd Burner, Antec P182

HEATWARE

Basically, get a multimeter, set it to measure voltage, find a free molex connector while your computer is running, and follow this guide to measure the voltages that you want:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molex_connector

so like one multimeter lead to the black wire, and one to the yellow wire to measure +12V for example (if you get something around -12V instead, you probably have the leads backwards)

You will probably want to measure once when the computer is relatively idle, and one when it's being stressed (like a game demo or something, where the CPU and vid card are both working hard). If you see the voltages drop over 5%, then your PSU probably is being pushed quite a bit.
    MSI P35 Neo-f
    Intel Core2Duo e8400 @ stock
    OCZ Vendetta 2
    2x1gb OCZ Platinum DDR2-1066
    ECS nvidia Geforce 9600GT 512mb PCI-E Passive
    Western Digital 250gb 7200rpm SATAII HDD w/ 16mb cache
    Enermax Liberty DXX 500W PSU