• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgraded to SLI but 3DMark06 only went from 8958 to 9777. Is that normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your chipset is also holding you back if you can only use 8x on one card and 4x on the other.

Nice truck!
No, I'm using 8x on each card. The bandwidth for each slot on this motherboard (in SLI mode) is 8-4-NC-8. The video cards go in the first and last slots. . . . .

I just ran 3DMark06 with the CPU at 2.8Hz. The score went to 11,399. . . . Still not impressive at all for two 8800 GTS cards in SLI. . . . Oh well.

Thanks the compliment on the truck. :)

Last edited:
I think that score is your CPU/system. I have a single GT and got 12k stock in 06, and 15k overclocked.

Your CPU score: 2168
Mine at stock: 3823

Not e-penising, just pointing out your likely bottleneck ;)

BTW I have always liked that truck :)

Lol! This is funny -- truck tech on a computer forum. :) . . . Well, I guess I'm not steeling anyone's thread, so here it is . . . the specs on my Taco are as follows. . .

-- Drivetrain
• PreRunner converted to 4x4
• 64" Diamond front axle (with ball gussets, Longfield 30-spline Chromoly Super Set, high-pinion differential, ARP Hub Studs, Longfield Chromo hub gears, rock rings, backing-plate eliminator)
• Ultimate Crawler dual transfer cases (with chromoly output shaft)
• 5.29 R&P gears
• Front & rear e-lockers

-- Steering
• Hi-steer crossover steering
• 1 Ton Rod Ends
• 6-stud knuckles and steering arms
• OTT dropped pitman arm (machined for 1Ton Ends)
• Hydraulic Ram Assisted Steering Kit
• Power steering cooler

-- Suspension
• 3" front & 5” rear springs
• Bilstein 5150 shocks
• Fox airbumps
• Custom anti-swaybar w/ quick disconnects

-- Wheels
• 40"x13.5” Iroks
• 17" beadlocked rims

-- Performance
• Volant intake
• Poweraid TBS
• Magnaflow exhaust
• Flex-a-Lite radiator fan
• Odyssey 1250 battery

-- Armor
• ARB bumper
• Rock sliders
• Rear custom wrap-around bumper w/ spare tire mount
• Warn M8000 winch

-- Electronics
• Alpine stereo
• 5x7" Polk speakers
• Jensen 600W amp
• Uniden CB radio
• Bel-X65 Radar detector

-- Miscellaneous
• Inclinometer from Hilux
• Short chrome antenna
• Billet grill
• Truxedo Lo Pro tonnaeu cover
• Tailgate lock
• Spray-on bed liner
• Bed extender
• Jesus decal (of course!)

More pics if you're interested: http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j...1-Truck pics/06-40in Iroks on 17in beadlocks/

[offtopic]
that is seriously the cleanest looking taco of that bodystyle i have ever seen, and 4 door to boot. I love the amount of flex you get as well as thoes tires tucking perfectly.... i bet that thing does quite well trail driving and on the rocks.... sweet rig.

I got essinetally a stock 1979 CJ-5, just finished welding up the roll cage and putting in the 4 point harnesses... also replacing the front drive shaft i snapped... haha compound low first gear in 4wL snapped the thing like a tooth pick! it definetly isnt as nice, donest ride as well on the street or off road but damn is if fun to beat on in the dirt! I just gotta get at least a locker for the rear... open diffs suck!
[/offtopic]

its funny how people have so many different hobbies, we all arnt the standard sterotypical computer geek!!! i do my offroading, welding, metal fabrocating as well as my dirtbiking (piru track is OHH so fun)

ontopic
if i remember correctly the SLI-DR does 8x and 8x... a friend of mine just built a comp and he put a 8800gts 640 into the lower slot (4x on his board) when he moved it up to the top slot (16x) and his score only went up 10%... so esseintally a 10% bottleneck, which would lead me to believe even at 8x and 8x i dont think your short on bandwidth for the cards. i could be wrong tho.

Attachments

• jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
[off topic]
Thanks for the truck compliment. . . . I admit it took a lot of work to dial in the suspension the way I wanted. . . . Still last summer I discovered it's rubbing when I was out on the Dusy Ershim trail. (I don't know if you've heard of it, but it's one of the toughest trails out here in Cali.) . . . I found that when the axles are "scissored" (or making an X-shape), it really pushes the tires up into the fenders. . . . Here's an example . . .

Dusy-Ershim8-0773.jpg

Dusy-Ershim8-0774.jpg

Nice jeep by the way! Great idea putting a roll cage and 5-point harness. It must be nice having the skills/equipment to do that kind of stuff yourself. I always have to go down to my buddy's shop to help me. . . .

Let me know if you're ever out my way in crental Cali. We'll hit some trails!

[on topic]
I agree that I don't think it's the PCI-E bandwidth being saturated. I'm pretty sure it's the CPU. But I'd like to stick with this mobo/CPU/RAM setup for a while and see if I can skip over this socket. I'll probably upgrade on the next release.

No, I'm using 8x on each card. The bandwidth for each slot on this motherboard (in SLI mode) is 8-4-NC-8. The video cards go in the first and last slots. . . . .

I just ran 3DMark06 with the CPU at 2.8Hz. The score went to 11,079. . . . Still not impressive at all for two 8800 GTS cards in SLI. . . .Oh well.

Thanks the compliment on the truck. :)

My bad. I saw 8-4..., and immediately thought you were running 8x & 4x. I should have looked a bit more closely. You haven't saturated the PCI-e lanes, but as stated earlier, your CPU is holding you back.

:beer:

#dmark is also only at 1280 rez and you really don't see much benefit from sli at any rez lower than 1920 x 1200. Throw on 8 x aa and a higher rez and watch the sli take over.

#dmark is also only at 1280 rez and you really don't see much benefit from sli at any rez lower than 1920 x 1200. Throw on 8 x aa and a higher rez and watch the sli take over.
Do you mean force that res and aa in the driver utility? . . .

I'll give it a try. But what I expect is that the only benefit is that the score won't go down. It won't go up b/c the CPU is still bottlenecking. . . . right?

... push it to the highest you can with your monitor in any game... Bottlenecks scale with resolution.

@ Revivalist... damn that is a sweet truck gah so nice, glad to see that you get her out on the trail/rocks... i know alota peeps that would buy a truck like that and never let it touch dirt!

and yes you will notice the benefits of sli when you start upping the AA and whatnot... i think someone not to long ago did SLI with 2 8800gt he would score like 16k running 3d06 @ default with no AA or AF, and like 14k with 8xAA and 16xAF

Back