• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another "Help me oc my quad" thread... :rolleyes:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WheaT

I am definately hitting a wall and I am not really sure where or why. I am assuming its my PSU or some serious droop on this ab9 in my sig. However i do not feel its droop either. I was able to get an e6600 to 3.4 24/7 use stable.

My current rig is in my sig.

Current speed 3.00ghz 333fsb x 9. Testing prime stable at stock. Was prime stable at 1.35v
voltage= 1.325 (stock)
Ram is at a 1:1 at 1.9v
I went through the very good OC guide here and disabled any kind of power saving options(for now).

As you can see i have lots of room temp/wise. (its cold as heck in here, no heat until Jan, my rule :) ) Plus the tuniq does a good job cooling as well as I will lapping this badboy after i get a chance to test it out and put it through its paces. Any suggestions ideas?

Temps are in the mid to lower 40's when running prime

Last edited:
have u tried dropping multi to 8 n ram to 400

so it would be 400 x 8 = 3.2 ?

Last edited:
new board...no really... the lack of being able to adjust CPUGTL %'s in P965 . That is why you are not able to go higher on your quad core. about the only thing you could try if its in the bios is cpu the cpuvtt and see if that helps.

Red: I have tried dropping the multi and running it at 400, wont even boot into windows.

Evil: What do you recommend I set the VTT at?

what ever it is at bump it up by 2 notches... if that still doesnt help then go another 2, still no boot then the lack of a CPUGTL setting in bios is whats effecting your oc...

Back