• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

REVIEW: Cordless TrackMan Optical

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deRusett

This thread got me thinking about Trackballs again since I am using laptops a lot now.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=533572

I have Purchased the Logitech Cordless TrackMan Optical

228.1.0.jpg

Day 1:
Hard to Get used to not moving my Hand, Connected it to Both Dell Inspiron 1520 Running Vista Home Premium, and Dell Latitude D630 Running Windows XP SP2

Worked With both, No Software from CD installed yet.

Hard to get used to not moving my hand around when holding my mouse, or not just using the touchpoint on the D630 I hate touchpads.

Left Click is done with your thumb, Mine is currently brused so it has been painful and hard to get used to, but my wrist likes the position it is in.

Trackball needs 2 settings IMO, fast scroll and fine scroll this should be quick to turn on and off with a button physically on the mouse. MAYBE when I install the Software this will come to form.

When Navigating my desktop the trackball moves far too slowly to go from corner to corner, but when playing a game the fine detail is nice,

as I have time I'll update this and possibly label a piture and such

Impression after 12 hours, using 2 Notebooks, laying in Bed, Out at Dinner, sitting in a Car, and sitting at a Desk
Being Compared to Logitech MX revolution with Uber pack installed

Learning Curv - initial 10 minutes for basic comfort > overall not yet reached at 12 hours
Device - NON rechargeable Batteries, OLD wireless connecting system from the 90's well built, shape needs tweaking for my hand, if I was always at a desk it would be better I give Device 5 out of 10

a Bonus is can be used everyplace I have the notebook, MX revolution required smooth surface, Track ball performed the same on smooth as anyplace else, defiantly a plus for a notebook user

Would I recommend this item
NO, Thus far The Trackman is not worth the cost, will update as I gain skill with said item

Back