• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech Ripping off Canadians

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deRusett

So I accidentally went to the US Logitech Site instead of the Canadian site

I go look at the Optical TrackMan Cordless
Selling at 59.95 USD which is approx 58.54CND

NOW I go to Logitech Canada same TrackMan
$99.95CND

that is approximately a 70% Markup for Canadians.

As I have time tonight I'm going look more, and Send an e-mail off to Logitech

If that is correct, that is INSANE. Lets see what they have to say...

It's going on everywhere. When the CAD$ was worth 60% of the USD$ the increased prices seemed to balance out, you had to spend more Canadian dollars because the Canadian dollar was worth less than the USD$. But when the CAD$ rose and the USD$ took a crap on itself the CAD$ hit $1.10US but the price differences stayed the same in a lot of cases. Part of it has to do with the lag time to get product to market. When much of the goods available now were made they were made when the Canadian dollar was worth a lot less than it is now, so more Canadian dollars were needed to pay labor costs and transport fees, etc. But a good measure of the price difference is greed too.

It's going on everywhere. When the CAD$ was worth 60% of the USD$ the increased prices seemed to balance out, you had to spend more Canadian dollars because the Canadian dollar was worth less than the USD$. But when the CAD$ rose and the USD$ took a crap on itself the CAD$ hit $1.10US but the price differences stayed the same in a lot of cases. Part of it has to do with the lag time to get product to market. When much of the goods available now were made they were made when the Canadian dollar was worth a lot less than it is now, so more Canadian dollars were needed to pay labor costs and transport fees, etc. But a good measure of the price difference is greed too.

that was almost 5 years ago when the CND was 65% of the USD.
For over a year there has been little more then 15% difference in the Dollars, and yet a 70% price gap, still seems like gouging

Back