• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best game Controller software??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

I just purchased a windows xbox controller which does not come with any config software. Right now I'm looking at Pinnacle Game Profiler. It has pre configs for just about any game out there.

For those of you that like the feel of a console but love the flexibility of a PC. What game Controller software do you use?

Must be a cheap gamepad to not have any software.

Have you looked at the manufacturers website? if its not there.. I'd return it and get soemthing that has decent software.

I've never needed any software for either of my wingmans. You just plug it in and then calibrate it using the windows game controller properties in the control manager. From there you just map the buttons and keys from within the game.

I agree, there should be some kind of profiler software with it.unfortunately, It seems that Microsoft took the easy road and just packaged the xbox controller along with a usb receiver and called it a "pc controller".

As far as not needing software goes... If the game supports game controllers this controller works fine. Otherwise the buttons need to be bound to key strokes.

Anyway, I found a great freeware program called Xpadder. Simple interface, with some advanced features. Doom III plays just like a Xbox but with better Graphics of course :)

PS
A mouse and keyboard are ideal but I use this in my living room as a HTPC . A keyboard and mouse on the cofee table just gets in the way.

I personally have the 360 controller for Windows and I love it...best gamepad I've ever owned. Did yours come with any CDs at all? The one that says its for Windows on the packaging should at least come with a software driver CD.

It's kinda of a bummer that this controller isn't "officially" supported in Win2K.

I personally have the 360 controller for Windows and I love it...best gamepad I've ever owned. Did yours come with any CDs at all? The one that says its for Windows on the packaging should at least come with a software driver CD.

It's kinda of a bummer that this controller isn't "officially" supported in Win2K.
I agree! I think this controller is by far the best. Yes, mine did come with a driver software cd and a lil app that shows your battery life when you hit the XBox logo. Other then that no software. The program I mentioned above works great though. If you haven't tried it I suggest you do. It's free! :0)

Back