• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abu Dhabi AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So it begins! The great auction. Put me down for .6 percent of AMD. I know IBM is going to buy another 41 percent.

and what do you make of this development?

What are you asking him for? I think he posted it to find out what YOU make of this development.

Oil is money. AMD need what? Money maybe? :D Oh yes they do. The Emirates got tons oil money to invest now for their future when the oil runs out. Like in their neighbor city, Dubai, they spend billions in tourism (the artificial Palm Islands being the most famous besides the "sail" hotel and that underwater thingy). Abu Dhabi spend billions on technology? :)

Last edited:
Could this mean good things for amd? maybe something that will be annoced on monday.. someone just doesnt go and spend 500million and not think about the complany's future

Rainless, your intel stocks must pay you well.

It's about time some of that money we pump into middle eastern soil comes back around. Seriously, this is how capitalism works, stocks are sold in the interest that the company grows. If people weren't so Gung Ho on building up Intel this would be a non-issue. OP, thanks for reporting it.

Rainless, your intel stocks must pay you well.

It's about time some of that money we pump into middle eastern soil comes back around. Seriously, this is how capitalism works, stocks are sold in the interest that the company grows. If people weren't so Gung Ho on building up Intel this would be a non-issue. OP, thanks for reporting it.

Oh my intel stock is through the ROOF!

"You have meddled with the primal forces|of nature, Mr. Beale...
and I won't have it!
Is that clear?
You think you merely stopped|a business deal.
That is not the case.
The Arabs have taken billions of dollars|out of this country...
and now they must put it back!
It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity.|It is ecological balance!
You are an old man...
who thinks in terms|of nations and peoples.
There are no nations.|There are no peoples.
There are no Russians.|There are no Arabs.
There are no Third Worlds.|There is no West.
There is only one holistic system|of systems!
One vast and immane,|interwoven, interacting...
multi-variant, multinational|dominion of dollars!
Petrol dollars, electro dollars,|multi-dollars.
Reichsmarks, rins, rubles, pounds|and shekels!
It is the international system|of currency...
which determines the totality|of life on this planet.
That is the natural order|of things today.
That is the atomic...
and subatomic...
and galactic structure|of things today.
And you have meddled...
with the primal forces of nature!
And you... will... atone!"

-Network

abu dhabi is transforming themselves into a nation not dependent on oil, like: investing, tourism(google 'impossible islands'), manufacturing, etc...

reason: they believe the oil will run out

And everyone at AMD has a collective sigh of relief.

This is great news. AMD is quite capable. They just have been in hard times lately. Hopefully this helps start a comeback.

And everyone at AMD has a collective sigh of relief.

This is great news. AMD is quite capable. They just have been in hard times lately. Hopefully this helps start a comeback.

No chance. They need a hell of a lot more than 500 million dollars: They need new management.

No chance. They need a hell of a lot more than 500 million dollars: They need new management.

It isn't just the 500-700 million. Even though that will buy them a few quarters. It's also about the appearance of this deal. This could have a positive effect on other would-be investors.

Is this their miracle cure? No. But it is something positive.

It isn't just the 500-700 million. Even though that will buy them a few quarters. It's also about the appearance of this deal. This could have a positive effect on other would-be investors.

Is this their miracle cure? No. But it is something positive.

But what I'm saying is that lack of money is only a symptom. The CAUSE of the lack of money is bad management. They could easily squander this 500-700 million and the next 500-700 million without a change up top.

I see a new door open here. If 65nm sucks like people here seem to think then it's an opportunity to get 45nm on the move. Something tells me from all the dribble the 45nm is not that far off. The problem is intel is sitting on the go button to launch Neha. I think it would only take intel 3 months to launch neha if Shanghai came in earlier for the server platform. If 45nm only starts in June or July then intel will have had plenty of time to pull in cash from the Penny tick to chime in the Neha tock. Time for AMD to catch the pendulum!

Last edited:

Ask and you shall receive.

Also could we keep the conversation here more adult. I don't think water pipes have anything to do with the stock market... at least on a normal day.

Ask and you shall receive.

Also could we keep the conversation here more adult. I don't think water pipes have anything to do with the stock market... at least on a normal day.

In todays volatile market it doesn't need take a pipe break to upset the market, someone drops a pencil or a butterfly gets into a stock exchange. This small stock change could cause intel to do one small change that ripples on for years (good or bad). "na-na-na-nana" :p

Back