• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone thought of buying used 7900GS/GT for SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DumpALump

So after these new video cards have come out, you can look on ebay and see some 7900GS cards go for close to $50 shipped. Put two of those in SLI, w/ E2180 oc'd to 3.2ghz on a cheap used motherboard with some cheap ram and you'll be ~8500 3dmark06 score.

Just a random thought. My gf needs a new computer at some point to play LOTRO with me in high detail. I figured this price would be perfect for her. The 3850 3dmark06 scores aren't much better if put in the same system, but would still cost $60-80 more.

Any other cheap systems you guys can come up with for just great performance/price?

I guess you could, but thats not exactly a Crysis worthy Rig... :(

why cause its not DX10? I see huge gains going from a single 7900GT to 2 7900GTs. yes I will be buying a 8800GT.
and btw i bought both my 7900GTs off ebay and have not more then 275 bucks into 2 new ones.

I bought one for 166.00 shipped back in march I think. sweet deal!

Back