• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

startup apps in vista

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

striker85

I have coretemp in my programfiles folder and I put a shortcut to it in the startup folder of my start menu. Every time I boot Vista it says that it blocked an unidentified startup app. I go into Windows defender and see it on the list, and right as rain, it says it's unidentified. How do I make it so Vista will leave it alone and let it boot with no problem?

I have coretemp in my programfiles folder and I put a shortcut to it in the startup folder of my start menu. Every time I boot Vista it says that it blocked an unidentified startup app. I go into Windows defender and see it on the list, and right as rain, it says it's unidentified. How do I make it so Vista will leave it alone and let it boot with no problem?

Well the way I dealt with that was to disable defender. :)

Heh, of course. But the whole thing about vista is the UAC or whatever it's called. If I just go and disable it I might as well be on XP....which I'm strongly considering moving back to. :(

Download the CoreTemp hack from here, and extract the downloaded *.zip ...

http://forums.erodov.com/local_links.php?catid=18

Before you run the actual "CoreTemp.exe", make sure to run the "coretemp-startup.bat" batch file. This will load the CoreTemp driver, and thus will allow CoreTemp to function normally without having to disable driver signing.

Back