• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackersabbath

Ok, I just put my rig together last night. Pretty much everything is new with the exception of the DVD burner and graphics card. I noticed that when I reset the computer the fans would stop and restart. Is this normal? I never noticed it with any other machines. I mentioned it to my brother and he said something about how it may be because the BIOS needed to reset and save the changes I made. Any input on this would be much appreciated because I don't want to have the rig die on me. I may just be paranoid but it's better to be safe than sorry right.

Are all the fans stopping and starting including the CPU fan? If it is, I never saw any PC do that. Usually the fans would speed up then slow down on a reset. It could be completely normal for your board or it could be a flaw in the BIOS. Did you check the motherboard website to see if there have been any BIOS updates mentioning this issue? Other than that I'm as confused as you are :confused:

I didn't check to see if they completely stop but they definitely slow down so that I can't hear them.

I am going to have to check and see if they completely stop when I get home from work in a couple hours.

Last edited:
Your brother is completely correct. This feature is known to be prevalent in P965 and P35 boards, especially Abits. It is called double boot where the computer would turn on, shut off for a few seconds, that start right up. Perfectly normal, it shouldn't cause any harm to your hardware.

Your brother is completely correct. This feature is known to be prevalent in P965 and P35 boards, especially Abits. It is called double boot where the computer would turn on, shut off for a few seconds, that start right up. Perfectly normal, it shouldn't cause any harm to your hardware.
Personally I think thats a bit of a wierd thing to do, but there you go :beer:

Back