• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual booting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RnPgrosz

I want to dual boot win xp/me. I've already made the partitions. I heard you need a program like sytsem commander so you can choose between os. Can someone fill me in on the this stuff?

I had xp installed 1st and then installed winme. I don't see any boot manager. Should i format the partition with xp and clean install it? Is there another way you can get the boot manager to show up? The only way i can change the os to boot onto is by changing the active partition in fdisk

Type "Fix mbr" or something like that (maybe Fix /mbr, don't know as I never did it, just read that somewhere) at a command prompt I think. Someone else might have more info on how to do this, so ...

If that doesn't work, reinstall Windows XP (I don'T think you need to format the partition, just reinstall over the current OS

thanks for the help i reinstalled and now the xp boot manager works

Back