• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax and Epox - Sigh...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaM

Okay, i have the Enermax Whisper 431 watt PSU, and the EPoX 8K7A+ mobo - and you all know that it has a problem with its 5 volt rail being a little low. I heard that the new ones they are producing doesn't have this problem, unlike the one i have. Do you think i will we able to talk to them and they'll send me a brand new one for my old one, or if they will fix mine or something? I just need a new one... i dont like thta low 5 volt rail, it keeps me from my overclocking :)

Thanks

Matt

hmm.. sorry to tell ya this but i tried that already.:( So best thing would probably be sell it on ebay or something and get the new one.

well they may not send you another since those PS aren't on teh AMD approved list. I know it sucks but that mobo just doesn't like those PS. I would call them and ask if they can switch it out for a model that will work. they should do it cuz they might think you are a big customer. hint hint.

Hoping if you bought it a local vendor you can bring it back to them and tell them its being faulty and they won't probably have any idea that Epox and Enermax have problems and they will give you something else or you can ask for store credit and buy an Antec PSU or something.

hey, thats what i'm doing, i wont have any problems doing it either because i work there:cool: my boss will either replace it, or give me some credit on it towards an antec or something.

hunter00 said:
hey wait a sec, i have a computer with that exact same combo psu and mobo, and i am having some serious problems with it, what exactly are the problems with that combo?

well since the 5v rail become rather unstable, your voltage reading will be abnormally low. I experienced such problems as the agp becoming very unstable and causing random reboots. There were also strange lines, as the screen refreshed.... :(

Merry Christmas!!

Back