• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good fighting games for 360?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In my opinion... No. There's Dead or Alive 4... But that doesn't qualify. Basically there's Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting on Xbox Live and that's it.

Your best bet is to get Sould Calibur II from the Xbox for like $5 (Buy two get one free at gamestop.)

Failing that you'll have to wait until Soul Calibur 4 or Street Fighter 4.

i am not really concerned about online play.
I just want something like tekken or street fighter or mortal kombat, something you can sit and play with a live person next you and have some beers and laughs.
you know OLD SCHOOL, but it doesnt have to be an old game lol.

Isn't Capcom releasing SSF2THDR for the XBLA soon? (Dear Capcom Use shorter acronyms. Love, Oni). That looks like it's shaping up well from wat I've seen.

seems 360 is lacking when it comes to fighting titles bigtime :(

In case you haven't noticed, all of the next-gen consoles are pretty thin on fighting games. PS3 has VF5 and Tekken 5: DR [downloadable via PSN]. Xbox 360 has VF5 [also playable online], Dead or Alive 4, Soul Caliber 2 [old XBox game] and also Naruto: Rise of a Ninja. Naruto is billed as an Action-Adventure title, but there's also a very enjoyable fighting component, both offline and via XBL I believe.

deception``

In case you haven't noticed, all of the next-gen consoles are pretty thin on fighting games. PS3 has VF5 and Tekken 5: DR [downloadable via PSN]. Xbox 360 has VF5 [also playable online], Dead or Alive 4, Soul Caliber 2 [old XBox game] and also Naruto: Rise of a Ninja. Naruto is billed as an Action-Adventure title, but there's also a very enjoyable fighting component, both offline and via XBL I believe.

deception``

That's unfortunate. Last gen had no shortage of fighting games. Even going so far as to resurrect Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and the Street Fighter anthology.

They've been really... REALLY slow in releasing the XBLA games. Most of the Neo-Geo classics (including Samurai Shodown :eek: ) are supposed to be out on XBLA. But so far only a very... VERY bad port of Fatal Fury Special has materialized. All the recent Live Arcade games have just been very bad inhouse games. (It seems.)

yeah but at least PS3 has 1 good one in tekken, that would be endless hours of fun stupidity

Here here! That one Tekken Game completely annihilates the entire 360 fighting game roster. I have it on the PSP and it's BEAUTIFUL. A shame you can't play that one online.

I got Rumble Roses XX for the 360 for like $5, don't bother. It's like DOA with wrestler women...... in other words it looks pretty but it sucks and is easy.

I think there is a couple of Mortal Kombat games out there, but IMO those games got stupid after part one. Let's see here, how do I do that head-chopping kick? UL+RB+A+R+D+R+Y+X+AB+RL+R2+Y+A+X+YB+A+swirl the right control strick 3x and click it down.

I got Rumble Roses XX for the 360 for like $5, don't bother. It's like DOA with wrestler women...... in other words it looks pretty but it sucks and is easy.

I think there is a couple of Mortal Kombat games out there, but IMO those games got stupid after part one. Let's see here, how do I do that head-chopping kick? UL+RB+A+R+D+R+Y+X+AB+RL+R2+Y+A+X+YB+A+swirl the right control strick 3x and click it down.

Heh... The second one was the best. The second fighting game is ALWAYS the best. Samurai Shodown 2, Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat 2, and... I would argue, Tekken 2. (Tekken Tag was the best game but it doesn't really count as part of the series.)

What's up with Ultimate MK on XBLA? Why not Mortal Kombat 1 or 2? Samurai shodown should've been out a long time ago. They were supposed to be making one Neo Geo game a month for XBLA but I don't know why that never materialized.

I've heard Virtua Fighter 5 is pretty good but I haven't played it yet. Like others said DOA4 is pretty, but it sucks big time. I'm anxiously awaiting SF4 :drool:

Yea, on 360, I'd definitely pick up SC3 when it comes. For now, as has been said before, you're looking at DOA4 for the most part. I never got in to Virtua Fighter. DOA isn't bad. It's decent if you need a fix, but there are better out there. It feels like a rehash of DOA3 for the most part. I am looking forward to SC3 though. SC games never seem to disappoint.

I've heard Virtua Fighter 5 is pretty good but I haven't played it yet. Like others said DOA4 is pretty, but it sucks big time. I'm anxiously awaiting SF4 :drool:

Virtua Fighter is really an aquired taste. I've got 4 somewhere and the demo for 5. I used to be pretty good at part 2, but that's one of those games you really have to stay on top of. I'm in no shape to fight somebody who's good at it now. (Though I double dare anybody on this site or around the world to try and beat me in Soul Calibur. ;) ) HumanBeatBox will tell you I'm no good at FPSs, but when it comes to fighting or wrestling games... WHOAHOOOO!

Yea, on 360, I'd definitely pick up SC3 when it comes. For now, as has been said before, you're looking at DOA4 for the most part. I never got in to Virtua Fighter. DOA isn't bad. It's decent if you need a fix, but there are better out there. It feels like a rehash of DOA3 for the most part. I am looking forward to SC3 though. SC games never seem to disappoint.

You mean Soul Calibur 4. 3 was out last generation.

Again though Soul Calibur is pretty but easy. You can beat and unlock everything in an afternoon.

Yeah Fudge it's easy... IF you're fighting against the computer. I think the op was talking about fighting against a real person. Me and my best friend visiting from Japan spent the better part of the week playing Soul Calibur 2 unlocking everything and fighting each other. You may be able to unlock most of the characters in an afternoon (me and my other friend did that) but you can't unlock EVERYTHING in an afternoon. I should know because my friend and I (each of them) played for like 11 hours straight, non-stop, and couldn't do it in a day.

But to learn the finer points of the game, guard crash, throw reversals and whatnot... It's something you have to keep practicing at. That's why they have the journey mode which FORCES you to learn all those things to win.

Here here! That one Tekken Game completely annihilates the entire 360 fighting game roster. I have it on the PSP and it's BEAUTIFUL. A shame you can't play that one online.

I used to be a HUGE Tekken buff, but my interest waned significantly past Tekken Tag Tournament. Solid games, nonetheless.

deception``

I used to be a HUGE Tekken buff, but my interest waned significantly past Tekken Tag Tournament. Solid games, nonetheless.

deception``

I think that's why there was never a Tekken Tag 2 :)

It was only supposed to be a little one-off side project but it turned into the most popular Tekken game made to date.

I've personally owned two copies of it. My friend has owned four. I have mine on the PS2 HDD now so I don't have to worry about scratched discs anymore. But if anything ever happened to it, I'd buy it again.

Namco should've just kept Tekken Tag going since it was a hit. Having THAT on PS3 at launch would've changed the course of history. :)

I looooooooooove me some Tekken. I liked tag the best myself. I'd team up Lei Wui Long and Marshall Law and have the team of Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee. UNDEFEATABLE!

Ignoring the terrible customization options Tekken 5 wasn't too bad, the fighting mechanics had changed back to something more along the lines of Tekken 2, 3 and Tekken Tag.

When the kind folks at xbox scene finally deliver the boottable linux disc they are promising for the 360, you might even be able to run Tekken Tag and Tekken 5 on the Linux version of PCSX 2.

Back