• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Folding@Home Member team 32

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jolly-Swagman

Well been folding for a few days now had a few little hitches where it didnt complete WU's then started new one before sending to Stanford, so reinstalled seem to be playin ball now, also went to put Folding@Home on my linux Ubuntu Server just as I was going to reboot, the system back up,
Then this almighty bang, :eek: made me nearly jump out of chair, was the PSU, it Blew main capacitor and even shattered the fan,also Gigabyte mother board and cpu were damaged too, :bang head

Have spare PSU 350watt 26amp and Aopen MB and P111 566mghz cpu so these will suffice for now to get the server back up and running hopefully,

Folding@Home team32 JollySwagman on XP Pro Rig

Folding@Home team32 SwaggyServer on Ubuntu 7.04 LAMP Server (when I Rebuild it)

PS: will have some pics later

:welcome: to T32. We are very happy to have you here. There is a wealth of information here, so stick around and enjoy the stay. We here at T32 believe that it does not matter how much you produce, you are still a part of the team equally as important as those of us who produce over 20,000 PPD.

Welcome to the team and our folding forum, Jolly-Swagman! :beer: :beer: :soda:

Good thing that you're generally jolly, by golly. Loud noises are something I've personally *forbidden* from my rigs, at any time. :D :D :D :clap:

Welcome to T32. Enjoy the stay and if you have any questions. You are always invited to ask them here.

Hope you never blow a power supply! :eek:

They're allowed to "blow", but they must *by royal fiat*, do it *quietly*, and leave no foul stench or flying sparks of any kind.

That's the o-n-l-y way to fly (er, fold)! :) :D

You should be using the same user name on all your PCs. You don't want to have to check your stats for several different user names and add them together.

Thanks for the warm Welcome from everyone,,,,
ChasR - Yeah will do that, sorry for the confusion the server name is SwaggyServer, and the Folding@Home name will be JollySwagman for team32

Forgot to mention the reason the power supply Blewup and damage to cpu and MB on Server were due to a Brownout we had recently while I was working on Server to get some updates and install folding, it just Blew,
Have made a claim to the offending power supply company(SPAunet Pty Ltd) and they are going to compensate me to the tune of $650.00AU for damage caused by the brownout which was caused by an insulator on a power pole blowout thus causing an inphase and severe power fluctuation.
Although the server was old and to me valued at more than $1000.00AU they only pay for market value so hence $650.00AU is what they were willing to pay out on claim.
My main systems and my wife's systems are protected by UPS's just hadn't got around to getting one for the Server ( will due soon tho)
And since I do have some old P111 Mb and cpu lying around will use to make another server and put the $650..00 towards building new rig for myself, seeing my P4 is outdated now.

Again thanks for the warm Welcome from other Team32 members

Woo Hoo!!! Just received the $650.00AU check in the mail from the Power Company for the Brownout Damage claim.

Pic below is My Ubuntu Server and PC testing Station located in our spare room

DSC_00050001.jpg

Pic of Blown PSU

DSC_00060001.jpg

Pic of Damaged Gigabyte M/B

DSC_00070001_1.jpg

to be replaced with this Aopen Mx3wpro M/B and 400watt Sato psu

mx3w-l.jpg

Last edited:
Back