• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone familiar with toshiba satellites?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wasp9166

my ex, well back together whole other post :bang head, anyway, she has a toshiba satellite she got from her cousin , its way slow , found out why, its an lntel celeron 1.5 but its only got 256 ram, i opened her up (the laptop) , there are 2 card slots, and it looks like the processor under one slot, altho its wrapped in a plastic jacket but removable, not that familiar with laptops, do they usually wrap the proc in a jacket like that? anyway, all ive found on toshibas' site is 256 ram cards, is the max for this comp 512? also, can the proc be upgraded? gonna call them now see whats up but thought id ask you guys, dont know much about laps but i built and overclocked my own pc............

ok, proc not upgradeable, max ram is 512, so i pull out the 256 in there , its nanya ram which i never heard of , its pc2100 with cl2.................they list kingston ram on their site KTT3614/256 ..................now thats a cl of 2.5 , cant remember from my build, is that faster or slower? i think 2 sticks of the kingston is the way to go and ditch the nanya, yeah?

I own 2 Toshiba Satellites. a C2D and Turion X2.

Which model is it ? While Toshiba says you cannot upgrade the CPU some of the Satellites can indeed run a higher end CPU.

My C2D lappy shipped with a 1.8GHZ chip that just wasnt cutting it and we oredered a used CPU off of ebay that works just fine.

Back