• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AC's Phenom Review and Techinical info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Fixes Big Pitcher of Green Coolade. That GB Mobo is HT5200 or 2600x2. I see the out for delivery tag on the tracker so I should have the board tonight. I don't know how long the build with take but I hope to have power in it's veins my 9pm CST :drool:.
I will be messing with the stock OC at first, I want to get some low end SPI and 3Dmark benchmarks near 2.4Ghz. Monday I'll have 2x2G of GSkill DDR2-1000 (PC8000) so the ram gets updated. This should give me a chance to see what makes the Ram bandwidth crank because the low since scores I see on review sites suck! I'm hoping they just messed up ram timing on their test benches. I wait till Next week to crank it up, unless when I power it up and it says "FEED ME", then I crank it. My 3600 Brisbane was one of those chips that screamed out of the socket to be abused with high OCs.

BTW, Sorry for the, er, paper launch of a thread :eek: :D, just wanted to be like AMD. :D j/k
I wanted to get more interest looking at the positive side of what we have to play with. We know what the reviewers have done and have seen WindWithMe's review (great stuff) This will be a chance to take it from a consumer purchased CPU and Mobo, no ES samples or cherry picked parts sent to our honored reviewers. This weekend I should get some folding action in to see what kind of PPD to expect.

yea I need ppd info :D

it's 9 oclock already where are you....

jking but it is 9 somewhere lol

I'm also curious what the difference will be between ganged and unganged mode for different Benches. The RAM will probably have different top ends for each mode, too.

Ganged and unganged - double the fun of playing with RAM settings! :D

That looks like an older version of Overdrive QI... I found version 2.10 @ techPowerUp.
I'd heard there was a beta version out maybe that's it? IIRC I got the RWLabs link from the AMD site but I'm not sure - may have been from the XS thread ...

I'm also curious what the difference will be between ganged and unganged mode for different Benches. The RAM will probably have different top ends for each mode, too.

Ganged and unganged - double the fun of playing with RAM settings! :D

I'd heard there was a beta version out maybe that's it? IIRC I got the RWLabs link from the AMD site but I'm not sure - may have been from the XS thread ...

wtf is guaged and unguaged?

Hey All !
Just registered to track this thread. I'm interested in the Phenom / GA-MA790FX-DS5 combination , Phenom on my must have list :)
eagerly awaiting the results , especially the F@H !

Pick2 :D

Last edited:
:taps foot: ok dude, you said 9pm CST... we are waiting for screenies. :rolleyes:

Also, :welcome: to Pick2! Stop by the Folding Forum when you get a chance. :beer: Maybe we can talk you into Folding for 32. :D

The motherboard accepted the core and came on line at 9PM, saweet :santa:

Please stand by while I load Windows :soda: :beer:
poofsncola.gif

:welcome: Pick2, yes it will fold :D.

Last edited:
Mobo Pics up.

I have to hand it to Gigabyte for getting us nice mobo for the awesome chip. The heat pipe works and as stated in the Page 1 picture gallery, it will pay to add a fan to the sink. Its all about getting the heat out and they put it in a convenient place near the rear exhaust.

Can you post some BIOS screenshots, including voltage adjustments, memory timing adjustments, etc?

Back