• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major failure!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woozy

Ok my system crashed last night. System was a little overclocked. CPU was at 3.5 65c, and the Vidcard was 400/1080 70c. These where and have been normal temps. What happen was the comeputer froze mouse would not move nothing! So I shutdown reboot. Black screen nothing else. I switch Video cards nothing. I unplug hard drive nothing. Ram. nothing. I'm just tring to load the pucking bois so I know what hardware gone. I think it might be the cpu but to dig out the cpu gunna take couple hours so. Someone can give me some ideas til then!:mad:

No but if it is the psu, why does everything turn on. All the fans run. Only stuff I have plugged in is cpu ram vid card and power. My message on my computer screen reads no signal found!

I'm running out ot the store for some food and stuff, anyone has anyidea put them up. I'll be back in an hour I love all the help so far! BTW I took ram out of a working computer and still nada. Last idea either cpu change which I have to take out of this computer since my back up stick is 1000 miles away in my old house!

Here's what I'd do as a last resort: Take the mobo out of the case, disconnect everything but the power, power switch lead, and system speaker lead (I think your board might have the voice POST feature. If so, you can plug in a pair of headphones to the onboard audio jack instead). Remove the video card and any other add-in cards, and leave only the CPU and 1 stick of memory installed (refer to the mobo manual for the proper DIMM slot for running 1 stick). Reset the CMOS memory again. Power on and hope that you get beep codes (or voice message) for a missing video card. If you do, then put the video card back in and try again.

so it all boots but no display? i think that points towards a bad graphics card or a short in the build somewhere. you could try building it caseless or swapping in a spare video card or trying yours in another system.

After all day playing games with it I come to find out, time to upgrade! System has been getting a little old anywho! I used a different CPU and different Vid card and Ram all that work from another pc! So either the psu or the motherboard is toast. Either way I needed more time for a job so instead of gaming I'll be working overtime to build a new system.

Hold on! May just be a bad molex connection! My MSI 845E Max with Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP500 does that sometimes.

Unplug all of the molex connectors, replug them in and try again.

Back