• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gator problems....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Diggrr said:
Kazaa and Morpheus (a sister of kazaa) will both install these without asking, prompting, or anything. It gave me Bonzai Buddy and Gator. Lucky for me, I had a full ghost backup of c drive, and vaporized them both. I didn't try adaware, but I do run it.

I now have both Kazaa and Morpeus unistalled because they bite anyway, and I'm getting all kinds of junk mail now...up to 25 a day. I don't visit any other sites than what I always have. I think their giving away/selling my info, so I won't let their ad banners make them any money off my machine.

Just my two cents....ciao

I'm using Morpheus and there is no detectable spyware in it, however, Kazaa installs webhancer, gator, cydoor, new dot net, and one other piece of work. I found 46 different spyware entries for Kazaa and 0 for Morpheus.;)

Morpheus and Kazaa are about the same programs, they even use the same servers. Morpheus, likes to do the installs while you're in the middle of a long file download (when your not watching the screen). MP3's it seems are too short, especially if you've got a broadband connection. It got me while downloading a 150Meg avi. and watching x-files.
If you leave Morpeus running on a long download, I'm sure adaware will find some new spyware. You may even have a new icon or two. I don't know if zone alarm will stop it, as you're using the program to download while it's taking it's liberties. Could be worth a try though. Maybe it switches servers or uses another file to take it's advantage, both something zone alarm should catch.

Merry Christmas all!

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my eyes and programs open. I hope to catch it do something. I did find, at another site, a scripting file that amounts to something like a DoS attack on Morpheus. Gotta check into that a bit further.

Back