• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan always on since BIOS update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crana

I recently updated the BIOS on my laptop (see sig.) and ever since the darn fan never shuts off. I installed Speedfan and it reports temperatures of 61*c - about 10*c higher than the last time I had it installed (quite a while ago, when I had Vista), but CPU usage is normal. The fan is at it's 'medium' stage right now, so it's loud enough to distract me from work.

I don't understand why it's even on when it's idling or why the CPU is running so hot.

I can't wait until the warranty runs out and I can crack this baby open and apply some AS5 :D

Try going into the bios and setting everything to default. Perhaps the update you did changed voltages and or fan speeds.

The BIOS doesn't even show you those settings :( Only thing you can change is the password, boot order and time/date etc.

Was there a reason for the update? To fix something?
If not, you could try going back to the version you had.

Not that I know of, I'm not even sure if it was a newer BIOS.

Now I'm getting other problems, though... I can't access my email (gmail) or download from most websites that I haven't accessed before all this started happening. I hate this, I installed XP less than a month ago and it looks like it's become unstable already. I get the same results no matter which browser I use.

Guess I'll reinstall it... yay lots of fun installing EVERYTHING/backing stuff up all over again... Grr.

Back