• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E2160 Overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knight_of_knee

Alright I've gotten my E2160 to 3.0GHz but whenever I load up Core Temp v0.95.4 it says it's frequency is 501x6 and whenever I load up CPUZ 1.42 it says the frequency is 333x6. What I actually set in the bios is 333x9 and so I'm just confused over everything. Whenever I go to my computer it says that it's running at 3.0GHz and whenever I run Orthos it says that it's 3.0GHz but I don't know why CPUZ and Core Temp are saying that it's using the 6x multiplyer.

Edit: Well now core temp reads it correctly and CPUZ just goes everywhere, it said it was running at 20GHz when I was running ORTHOS...I wish it was lol.

Last edited:
See this thread. It's not your CPU specifically, but it addresses what you're asking about.

EDIT: Ah forget about it...I'll just explain. It appears you have C1E & EIST enabled in the BIOS. At idle, they drop the voltage & multiplier (respectively) to save power. Put the system under load and you'll see the correct reading. Or you could disable them in BIOS.

EDIT2: Just saw that you edited. CPUz should NOT be reading 20GHz! Have you previously dropped the multiplier without disabling C1E & EIST?

if the cpu is idle then cpuz will show 6x, if you disabled EIST then you may need to reset it in bios. ie selecting it in bios and boot to windows then shutdown and disable it agian. coretemp has never read oced speeds correctly with multis being changed. in this case coretemp may not be reading the 2xxx correctly.

I am only able to get correct readings from cpu-z, orthos and coretemp have always been wrong when changing the multiplier.

I have disabled EIST (speedstep) and that was the best way for me to get a correct reading.

As an addition to my previous post, I asked if you had manually lowered the multi because funky things can happen if you do that with C1E & EIST turned on. Do not ever drop the multi with them enabled unless you feel like reflashing your BIOS. Made that mistake once...will never do it again!

No I haven't lowered the multi yet, but I'll turn both C1E & EIST off right now cause they don't sound like things that I like lol.

Edit: Alright, thanks a lot that fixed that. I'm sorry to be asking a question that has become rather repetitive I probably should have used the search feature lol. But again thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited:
No, don't apologize; the sticky is definitely not clear in the subject line. If I get time, I'll formulate one in an attempt to get my very own sticky. Glad you got it straightened out.

Since you fold like I do, you want them disabled anyway. They serve no purpose b/c your CPU is under load 24/7. By extension, since they were disabled anyway, I dropped my default 10x multi to 9x in order to take advantage of the 1333MHz strap, plus it lets me run my RAM @ 400MHz (instead of either 375 or 450 w/ 300FSB and the ratios I have to choose from) so I can keep Vdimm down.

Back