• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tt toughpower 750W $100 shipped AMIR ends 12/3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is it any good, though?

I am actually on the market for a quality PSU. Some people have suggested the Corsair HX620 to me. It is very expensive, though a quality PSU.

I mean, if the TT PSU is good or on par with the Corsair HX620, I might go with it.

BTW, you could find a better price on this TT PSU at Fry's. See here

The sale ends today, I think.

It's a 4-rail PSU with 18A on each... From the research I did over the past couple of weeks for my new build you either want 5 to 6 with 20A or more preferably a single-rail PSU.

Not saying I couldn't be wrong, though.

eww 75$ rebate, Im so glad i got mine at outpost.com for $125 no MIR on sale (expired) :D

other than that this is a very good modular psu made by CWT

my only gripe with it is that modular is useless when your using all the cables lol

eww 75$ rebate, Im so glad i got mine at outpost.com for $125 no MIR on sale (expired) :D

other than that this is a very good modular psu made by CWT

Is it on par with the Corsair HX620?

I guess it is definitely better than the Raidmax Volcano 630W!:) See my sig.

my only gripe with it is that modular is useless when your using all the cables lol

Well, I read the Newegg Customer reviews. Some say that this PSU does NOT have modular cabling! I am confused!:confused:

my only thinf was modular....

the TT isn't but was I think dunno 100% about what's the deal there///

my only thinf was modular....

the TT isn't but was I think dunno 100% about what's the deal there///

The HX620 is modularized. See the review here.

However, it has the little quirk or disappointment of combining the 12V 4-pin and 8-pin auxiliary power cords along with the 12 V 24-pin main power supply!

Read the review, you will see.

I just hope those two cords(4-pin and 8-pin 12 V auxiliary power cords) are LONG enough for my case--Cooler Master Cosmos. It is a full tower. If those two cords are NOT long enough, then I would be in trouble!

The HX620 is modularized. See the review here.

However, it has the little quirk or disappointment of combining the 12V 4-pin and 8-pin auxiliary power cords along with the 12 V 24-pin main power supply!

Read the review, you will see.

I just hope those two cords(4-pin and 8-pin 12 V auxiliary power cords) are LONG enough for my case--Cooler Master Cosmos. It is a full tower. If those two cords are NOT long enough, then I would be in trouble!

Then you would need a $1 extension. I wouldn't worry. ^^

Then you would need a $1 extension. I wouldn't worry. ^^

LOL! So where can I get a $1 extension cord? We have Fry's here!

There is such a thing as an extension cord that extends the length of a 12 v 4-pin or 8-pin CPU connector?

I am a noob, but this is the first time I have heard of it!:)

Edit: the problem is not really the size of the case--CM Cosmos in my case, but the combo of the size of the case and the particular location of the 4-pin or 8-pin CPU connector on a particular mobo.

In my case, I have an Asus P5K E WiFi AP. The 8-pin CPU connector is located way, way, way, way, way, way at the top of the motherboard!!! It's actually at the top edge of the mobo!

It is already a stretch for the 8-pin cable of my current PSU--Raidmax Volcano 630W--to reach there.

I read some reviews at Newegg about the cables of this PSU being too short and don't work on some full tower case and mobo combos.

But still, let's hope for the best.

Thanks for the reply!

Back