• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tough little PS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
Well, I just noticed yesterday that my PS fan had died... I've been noticing for about a month that the air coming out of my PS was quite warm, and just stopped yesterday to see what was causing it. Short story, fan has been dead for about a month, and the computer has been running 24/7 all this time (stable!) at maximum OC. Anybody want one?

Did I forget to mention it was just powering a P100 @ 133? :D
Anybody know how many watt this PS probably is, and how much a replacement would cost? AT of course. Too old for ATX... :)

JigPu

Hey jigpu. Is the whole PSU dead now? If not, I'd just wire in another fan. Piece o' cake and much cheaper. If it is dead, I'd have to check pricewatch for something like that. Or a yard sale. Someone sureley would have an old computer laying around that you could lift the PSU out of.

Hahaha... brain fart... :D

Forgot that I could just stick a new fan it ^_^;. The PS still works, but I'm keeping the computer off just in case. Don't want it dying at the last moment! :D

Now, all I've got to do is find a new fan...
JigPu

Back