• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Failing Harddrive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smokie mcpott

heres the setup on my windows 'server':
antec p180
antec truepower 550
asrock dual sata 939
opteron 148
1gb DDR ram (dont remember the brand, etc)
ati x300
gigabit nic
6 harddrives (3 sata, 3 pata(ide))
i have been receiving tons of errors in my event log for several days now, and cannot pinpoint the problem
see the attached:

those are the 2 errors that keep coming up over and over again. and everytime it starts writing to the log it freezes the computer up temporarily(generally long enough to write the event)

i have run chkdsk /r on the drives, and they always come up clean.

if i didnt have so much data on the drives(ntfs partitions), i would just convert the whole server to linux. i may go ahead and go with ubuntu, if anyone can verify that the ntfs reading/writing is stable

can i have some input as to what the problem appears to be?

It's one of your drives. I'm pretty sure Speedfan works with AHCI enabled, so check the smart status of each drive with that.

thanks, i have been using HDDLife, and it shows that drive to be fine
when i run speedfan SMART test on it it shows all kinds of errors

its one of my seagate 320gb... now if i can figure out which drive letter that actually is (between 2 of the seagate 320's) , so that i can pull the data off of it.

thanks, i have been using HDDLife, and it shows that drive to be fine
when i run speedfan SMART test on it it shows all kinds of errors

its one of my seagate 320gb... now if i can figure out which drive letter that actually is (between 2 of the seagate 320's) , so that i can pull the data off of it.

That event viewer message says \harddisk2\D, if that helps at all.

it doesnt really ... lol
i dont remember which hdd belongs to what drive letter

i hate the layout of the p180, it makes it hell to replace drives

**found it, now to get my movies and TV episodes off of there

I'd still rather have a p180 than my old *** Chieftec case, but at least it's all aluminum. :beer:

as soon as i can afford either the lian li pcv2000b or the silverstone tj07 i will be moving my server to the old stacker

Back