• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigabyte p35 ds3r doesnt always boot with oc... hmmm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hypertek

so yah this is annoying, i swapped the S3 in my sig for this p35 ds3r.. try the same clocks, can sometimes even adjust for higher clocks, sometimes it boots perfectly, and sometimes it wont even boot at all *like it doesnt kick the screen on so it hangs on something and you have to reset the bios phsyically*

Any idea? im on F9 bios i think the lastest one. stumps me becuase thsi cpu ran beautifully on my S3,... if anythign i might have to go back to that board

so yah this is annoying, i swapped the S3 in my sig for this p35 ds3r.. try the same clocks, can sometimes even adjust for higher clocks, sometimes it boots perfectly, and sometimes it wont even boot at all *like it doesnt kick the screen on so it hangs on something and you have to reset the bios phsyically*

Any idea? im on F9 bios i think the lastest one. stumps me becuase thsi cpu ran beautifully on my S3,... if anythign i might have to go back to that board

HAd the same issue with my board, had to RMA it.

I have an E6300 on my DS3R and it boots and runs just fine. I think the board had the F4 bios on it when I got it and since my processor is an original batch Conroe I didn't bother to update it to a newer one. You might try the F4 bios and see how it performs. But I did have to RMA my first DS3R because of some weird problems I was having with the disk controller subsystem on the board.

iv heard the F5 bios is good for OCing...ill have to try it out on mine.

iv got the same setup. E6300 on P35-DS3R

Back