• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is wrong with my 8800gt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

I have the Jetway 8800gt, did the bios softmod.

before the softmod my max clock on the core was 680, after the bios voltmod it was 720, however when I de-linked my shaders and put them to 1782 they worked fine, but if I bumped it up to 18xx it would artifact on me.

I can now do 730 on the core, haven't tried anything above it yet, but does it cause damage to slow down the shaders?

You're fine. I can only get 1728 on the shaders w/o any artifacts.

What do you mean by "slow down the shaders"? What were your stock shader clock? Mine is 1500, so anything more than that is speeding up the shaders.

I haven't read of many people getting 1800Mhz+ on their shader, especially with stock cooling. Surely a 280mhz overclock is high enough for the card.

At the moment I'm at 720Mhz core, 1780Mhz shader and 1910Mhz memory. This is unvoltmodded, I presume. (It's a BFG card, so I am not sure)

Anything higher than 1780Mhz shader doesn't work for me either. It doesn't cause artifacts though, it just causes a flat out GPU reboot (not system, just the video card)

this is the highest I could score with my card, those numbers don't seem right, I see people with even lower clocks( 700/1000 ) beat me...but they have their e6750 @ 3.6ghz, I only have my e6420 @ 3.6ghz
133693d06kf7.jpg

I mean slow down as in slower then linked speed.

how high can you clock your card then?

No it will not hurt the card. The relationship of the core ROP to the core Shader clock is just
a function of where they are set in bios. That can be easily changed by editing the bios and
is done all the time.

Viper

I mean slow down as in slower then linked speed.

how high can you clock your card then?

clocks are in sig. This is w/ the 1.1v mod as well.

Your score looks fine. I have a quad at 3.6GHz, and get almost exactly 1500 more than you...which is expected.

Yup no issues with running shaders at different clock speed then core here.

740/1828/1000 is the highest I've tried in 3D Mark. 720/1782/950 is typical gaming speed for me without Bios mod. Get a new cooler tomorrow so I'm eager to see what it can do then :)

Back