• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quality Head sets? Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deRusett

I work on the road, often with my notebook beside me so I can pull into Parking lots and type after a phone call or after a meeting.

I have been looking at Dragon Natural Speaking (DNS) and a friend is going to let me test his out my next trip, before I go and buy it.

I don't tend to care about sound quality out of my notebook so I have the default onboard sound system available with a Dell inspiron 1520.

Will the Audio in on this be of high enough quality? does the Quality of Audio In differ much from card to Card?

Next,

I will need my own Headset, as my friend has an in the ear headset which neither of us really wants to share.

Noise canceling is a must, over the head single ear is preferable

I have a Playtronics? headset for my Phone, sound quality with it is not the greatest, but it doesn't have to be, but for this DNS software I require utmost quality to maximize the speed of voice to text conversion

thank you for your in site all

I work on the road, often with my notebook beside me so I can pull into Parking lots and type after a phone call or after a meeting.

I have been looking at Dragon Natural Speaking (DNS) and a friend is going to let me test his out my next trip, before I go and buy it.

I don't tend to care about sound quality out of my notebook so I have the default onboard sound system available with a Dell inspiron 1520.

Will the Audio in on this be of high enough quality? does the Quality of Audio In differ much from card to Card?

Next,

I will need my own Headset, as my friend has an in the ear headset which neither of us really wants to share.

Noise canceling is a must, over the head single ear is preferable

I have a Playtronics? headset for my Phone, sound quality with it is not the greatest, but it doesn't have to be, but for this DNS software I require utmost quality to maximize the speed of voice to text conversion

thank you for your in site all

As far as I can recall, DNS doesn't make use of the sound card much so the onboard one should be sufficient.

As far as headphones go, the in-ear ones will probably give you better noise cancellation. Etymotics ER4's are great. If you want an over the ear headphones, then perhaps the sennheisers 220's.

As far as I can recall, DNS doesn't make use of the sound card much so the onboard one should be sufficient.

As far as headphones go, the in-ear ones will probably give you better noise cancellation. Etymotics ER4's are great. If you want an over the ear headphones, then perhaps the sennheisers 220's.

do those headphones also have microphones? that have noise cancellation

Back