• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU-Z voltage reading error?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlackEdition

Hey all,

I had a question. I set my voltage in the BIOS to be standard 1.35V (for my Athlon X2 Black Edition). However, when I run CPU-Z it is saying that I am running at 1.24V. I don't know what to believe, and I am afraid of cranking up the voltage because I don't want to overvolt. What should I believe, BIOS or CPU-Z? Also, do you think a BIOS update could fix the communication problem?

CnQ = Cool and Quiet?

Yes cool and quiet is off...

I have tried multiple programs. My mobo is an nForce 590 sli. I have used the nVidia monitor, and it says 1.35V. I am inclined to believe the BIOS/nVidia monitor, but, any review of a cpu i have ever seen has used CPU-Z to verify...

I bet once you put it under full load it will get around 1.35 in cpu-z as far as I remember there is a vdrop that you cant control idle is different from full load/.

just like 939 almost .1

hummmmmmmmmmm maybe not

so you see no change in vcore from idle to full load?

I do not...

I am kinda new at this message board thing, but, I could try to post some screen shots of the various programs telling me different information...

But first I must take the pics!

I will post the screen shots in a bit...

vcore.jpg

Last edited:
I put the vcore setting in the bios on Auto...

the vcore reading i get from cpuz is now 1.24V

and does full load still not change?

WOW he must have a sweet mobo if theres no change in CPU-Z. did u try everest?

one could only guess....

BTW I never did like the nforce thing top left it always gave me wrong readings.

Try and download MBM5 and see if you can get it set-up to read your boards chips...

unfortunately, mbm5 is not supported on my board...

could it just be that my motherboard isn't very good about communicating with the sensor-reading programs?

dam dude those temps on the CPU are a little on the high side. and for stock speeds. ouch.

and have you tried changing the voltage a little to make sure its wrong?

The cooler is a Cooler Master GeminII with two 120mm case fans on it. I expect the temps to go down as I have only just installed the processor and don't think that the paste has gone through enough thermal cycles at this point in time.

I am about to try adjusting the voltages in the BIOS some more to see if the readings change, and I have emailed Foxconn to see if there is some fix that they already know of, but, at this point I am still at a loss...

Back