• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Online or free database

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

Just a quick question

I am ebaying some stuff for my aunt, and one of the things I am listing is a collection of 45's.

I was wondering if there is sometype of free database program or online thing, that I can enter all of the info too and then save it to my website or something so that I can insert a table into my ebay auction that lets people sort the albums by artist or label or song etc.

Thanks

lol I thought you were talking about guns at first. hehe
Could you make a page in HTML (or a few (links...)) and then use the inline frame code to put it in ebay?

Yah thats what I am talking about....

What program can I use to make the database that I can create a HTML code for on my server..

I just found google docs.. and see if that will help

now i am confused... you go on to say album and artist... so 45 records and guns? lol... I wish I could help the database problem. *free bump*

I have about 40 albums (45rpm vinyl records) that I want to create a list for...

I would like the list to be organized by either artist, or record label, since I know nothing about selling albums.

This way a collector can say "im looking for his artist" or perhaps "I am trying to fill out my 1950 rca victor collection... many of hte albums I have are actually "sets" so this would be easier to list properly doing it that (some artists span a couple of labels... so just grouping them by label and sub grouped by artist is not a viable option)

Perhaps im just over thinking this. lol

You may be able to use MySQL (free - open source) or HSQL (free -open source). It would take some application programming to get any database to an HTML page. HTML can't talk to a database. You could make a small web app to imbed in your HTML page but I have a feeling EBay would block it.

Or SQL Server 2005 Express. You could also use a flat file (cvs or xml) or just save an Excel page as html.

Or SQL Server 2005 Express. You could also use a flat file (cvs or xml) or just save an Excel page as html.

Oooo Ebola you have mainframe expirence? Only time I have heard a csv or xml file being called flat was by mainframers! That is a pretty good idea too since the data is static.

Great thanks.. I have office at home.. so will just play around with excel/access and see what I can come up with...

Back