• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a gaming mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Regarding jod's post. The left mouse, G9 I think, looks dented on almost every side. Is it a lighting effect or what?

Looking at the G5,7 and 9 models and comparing it with all of razer's, I would say the razer has a more sleak and elegant look to it. While the logitech is kinda "bulky" and "brute" to me.

No offense, just how I look at it.

That's the MX518's IMO screwed up paint job. I would much prefer the older 510's blue. Still, it's got that tried and true Logi fat boy shape w/ more buttons than most mice.

I think the Razer Deathadder looks better too, much better. But it get's hot, has less buttons, and makes my hands sweat. No amount of accuracy is worth comfort IMO.

What's IMO? And yes, the rubber has a "hot" feeling plus, it's infa red so you know what to expect...

Not really shur where else to post. I have a g7, and i'm noticing that when i move it ever so slightly the pointer wants to jump a pixle or two. (not good for sniping) my old school USB roller from dell seems smother. fells like i need a pad or another surface.... anyone ever experience this ?

Nope. what sensitivity setting are you on? People generally setup a lower speed for sniping. I am using the G7 V2 with the cyborg pad and no problems here so far.

I did love the G9's wheel and the precision seemed higher than the Deathadder. If only I could get used to the shape/size. It seemed small...

2) razer death adder. this is sex for your hand. confortable, almost same feel as intellimouse. 1800dpi , smoothest mouse IMO. NO right side buttons, 2 left sides. Bigger shape so hand does not touch pad.

Yeah! SOO comfortable!

I did love the G9's wheel and the precision seemed higher than the Deathadder. If only I could get used to the shape/size. It seemed small...

how did you test and why do you say so?

Not trying to doubt you but how do you know if it's more precise :confused:. I for one can't tell the diff between a DA and a normal mouse. lol...

...I for one can't tell the diff between a DA and a normal mouse. lol...
That's how. All I need is 5 minutes within windows to see whether or not it's going to help me game. I had the DA for all of 2 days before having a small LAN party and doing better than average. I remember specifically tearing apart a couple guys in FEAR combat and UT Instagib.

I'm back on the MX518, but that's only because I don't care for the DA after prolonged periods and it's missing 3 buttons I use often on the Logitech.

Back