• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little help on some choices:P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
im just want to make sure on the ram, cause when you start getting the high fsb past 400mhz 1:1 ratio with ram. there is not telling how much higher it will go, i know i suggested it but it was options, i should have just posted the ddr2-1000. cause with that ram you can go 500mhz on 1:1 ratio and have the ram at stock speeds.

What OS? To easily recognize the 4 Gb you would need a 64 bit OS. Do you need the 4 Gb? Those are some great 2X1 sets out there much cheaper right now and you might be hard pressed to utilize the 4 Gb. Could pocket the extra dough and save for a new gpu down the road, your 7950 is fine for right now. Abit is a great board, only con is no SLI in my opinion. Just me mumbling.

Otherwise, great setup! :)

Bingo, I'd take the 60-70 saved and throw it at an Ultra120Xtreme, the last hs you will ever need for this setup. You won't be sorry, unless it doesn't fit in your case. I would upgrade to more ram later as it is needed.

Also, an option http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220144

Last edited:
Back