• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Evga 8800GT With Accelero S1 Results :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey red, can you post some pics of the mounting hardware and such? or pics of the back of the card with the mounted S1

It's really simple on the 8800GT since the long mosfet cooler doesn't work. You just screw in 4 screws and use the included 2 clips to hold the cooler so it doesn't pull down. The hardest part is putting the ramsinks on. It took me 10 minutes to put the sinks on and like 2 for the heatsink. Then it took me another 5-10 minutes to zip tie some 120mm fans on.

Hey red, can you post some pics of the mounting hardware and such? or pics of the back of the card with the mounted S1

sure but like frozenwings said its very simple all u do is screw on 4 screws holding the cooler and 2 clips from keeping it frim pulling down. for ramsinks i just put mx-2 on them and a bit of glue and works fine took about 20 minutes to do everything :)

It's really simple on the 8800GT since the long mosfet cooler doesn't work. You just screw in 4 screws and use the included 2 clips to hold the cooler so it doesn't pull down. The hardest part is putting the ramsinks on. It took me 10 minutes to put the sinks on and like 2 for the heatsink. Then it took me another 5-10 minutes to zip tie some 120mm fans on.

:D its a awesome cooler i must say

hmm, but they say this cooler is 8800gt compatible, maybe new rev. do support the mosfets? I think I am getting a new rev because it needs to be ordered at the importer

The cooler and RAM sinks are, just the 3inch long mosfet cooler doesn't fit on it.

hmm, maybe I will have to cash out for ram sinks after all...aargh

100% definately.
I bought an extra pack and am glad I did, the voltage switches get REALLY hot, the back of the card is okay though as long as you've a decent fan blowing ACROSS/through the entire card. If you were planning to watercool the GPU and stupidly didnt apply heatsinks you'd be screwed.

The S1 in the Antec P180b/182 is pretty damn awesome and is almost perfect.

awesome1.jpg

I hit 45C full load in my system with the Turbo Module (2x80MM (which isn't worth the money if you don't mind using cable ties on an 120mm))

Refer to this image of heatspots on the 8800GT. (Not my image, I am unsure of the source.)

Last edited:
well now im debating on trying the soft mod for voltage on gfx card still not sure i can get pretty high without volt mod highest that seems stable right now is 725/1800/2000 i havent tried more on shaders prolly get a few more out of it but i think i will just keep it like this for 24/7. seems like hours of gow temps dont go past 39c and memory stays rock solid @ 35c :) so for a 18.00 cooler its very good!

suggest if you dont want to shell out 60 bucks for the hr-03GT deff buy this cooler , most likely cost you 18.00 plus more ram sinks to cover the other hot areas :)

I should have my S1 in a couple of hours, then I'll try the soft mod. I'll post results later tonight.

I got it installed, the ramsinks were a PITA. Once I pulled the backing off I saw that 4-5 of the ramsinks were only half covered by the adhesive, its no wonder people have problems with them falling off. I went ahead and used some superglue and MX-1 I had sitting around. Here are my results at 675/1620/999:

Stock cooler:
Idle: mid 50s, 40% fan speed
Load: high 60s to low 70s, 65% fan speed

AC S1 w/120mm yate (I have another coming tomorrow so I'll have two on there)
Idle: 34
Load: 45

I'm going to see if the cooler will get me any more on my core and shaders. I'll post back the results, then I'm doing the softmod to 1.1v.

EDIT:
The cooler allowed me to get a little better clocks, shaders are up one notch to 1674, core is testing right now at 712. 720 core gave me artifacts. I am very pleased with the cooler for only $24 shipped.

After the BIOS softmod to 1.1v, I am getting 756/1728/999. Load temps only went up to 46. I wish you could fine tune the speeds more, the next highest core speed is 772 and the next highest shader is 1782.

Last edited:
I have two 120mm yates on my accelero and my temps never get higher than 42C at 736/1836/950. I already did the 1.1v bios mod, but I can't get any higher without crashing when gaming. I can do 772/1890/999 in ATItool for over a half hour, which I then stopped. But when it comes to gaming it crashes my PC occasionally. I wasn't really able to OC any higher than I did with the stock cooler, but at least the card runs much cooler now and it's definately quiet. Maybe I'll do a realy volt mod someday, but I'm pretty satisfied for how well this $270 card performs.

I should have mentioned that the clocks I listed after installing the cooler and doing the softmod were from just using ATITool to test. I switched to 3dmark and quickly found that the clocks were not stable. I'll do more tweaking tomorrow to find out what my max stable clocks are.

I have some Sekisui 5760 tape I got free from Quoc at Petra's I plan to use with some MC14 ramsinks :D

Anybody looking for ramsinks I just saw that SVC has the Thermalright 8800GT PWM sinks sold separately from the HR03GT. LINK

Back