• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Evga 8800GT With Accelero S1 Results :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
how much water did you end up using? i got a 4 litre jug, i'm guessing it will be more than enough.

I got my Accelero S1 yesterday and placed it onto my 8800GT including a couple of 120mm fans in push (much like redrumy3's setup). $@&% what a difference in temps compared to stock! My idle temps dropped down to the low-mid 30s, and my folding@home GPU2 load temps dropped to the low-mid 40s celsius with clocks at 756/1890/900. It takes up four slots, but it's well worth it. I'll try to get a picture up today.

Thanks for the ideas redrumy3. :)

I got my Accelero S1 yesterday and placed it onto my 8800GT including a couple of 120mm fans in push (much like redrumy3's setup). $@&% what a difference in temps compared to stock! My idle temps dropped down to the low-mid 30s, and my folding@home GPU2 load temps dropped to the low-mid 40s celsius with clocks at 756/1890/900. It takes up four slots, but it's well worth it. I'll try to get a picture up today.

Thanks for the ideas redrumy3. :)
:beer:it really is a great cooler for 8800GT glad it working great for you :D

is there any way that you could fit an sli set up using two accelero's into a mid tower case? i would like to go SLI...i have one 8800gt right now...and i would like to overclock both of them. i am overclocking my single 8800gt right now with the stock cooler, but i think that i am being limited by the temps...it is idling at 55 C and 75 C under load.

if you don't think that the acceleros will fit, do you think that there are any other cooling solutions out there that would work with a mid tower case?

I feel the 8800GT and Acceleron S1 r2 is a great combo. Currently I'm running one with a slight mod to cool the mosfet area, and the overall temps are very cool.

My current setup is a Q6600 (stock) with a Scythe Mugen, EVGA 8800gt SC with Accelero S1 r2 with the fan addon and the mosfet cooler chopped off of a spare factory cooler, a CM 590 chassis, ECS G31T-M, Ultra 600w, and 2gb PC6400 OCZ platinum.

The ambient temps where the system is at is 25c, the cpu is running at 28c avg, and the video card is running approx 32c under normal load. Normal load for me watching movies or running Oblivion. The fastest fan in the system is only running about 700rpm

Back