• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Evga 8800GT With Accelero S1 Results :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redrumy3

Hey,

Just got my Accelero S1 installed and using some extra ramchips i had to cover the other parts of the board
http://www.svc.com/fan-acces1.html

42291786zw5.png

img3281cn7.jpg

img3277vw3.jpg

img3276av4.jpg

Last edited:
Nice results,

For experimentations sake... have you tried removing your sound card and lower PCI I/O cables, and leaving the PCI slots free? I am wondering if you are starving those fans for air, and could possible drop the temperatures of your 8800gt even further?

Nice results,

For experimentations sake... have you tried removing your sound card and lower PCI I/O cables, and leaving the PCI slots free? I am wondering if you are starving those fans for air, and could possible drop the temperatures of your 8800gt even further?

yea im going to do that soon :) i was wondering same thing :p

What did I tell you about that back vMem chip :p

Also, is that 34C LOAD? :eek:

2001693637557596709_rs.jpg

Also temp chart at 1.35V instead of 1.12V to give you an idea of where it is hot:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2568966&postcount=341

so ur saying i should cool the back to? :confused:

my load is about 37-39c when i run that fur gpu benchmark thing but its cold in my room lol soo i will bench it under pc games and see what temps i hit when room gets about 70F :p

Last edited:
Cooling the back is never a bad idea. Just remember, if the top is hot, some of that heat is also trying to get out through the back!

Wow thats really low... whats your ambient and case temps? Also, I think bryan_d is right about the fans not getting enough cool air, lots of clutter below it.

btw, love the fan over the memory (are those rubberbands? :p)

Wow thats really low... whats your ambient and case temps? Also, I think bryan_d is right about the fans not getting enough cool air, lots of clutter below it.

btw, love the fan over the memory (are those rubberbands? :p)
well when i was running test my room was around 45F lol was cold untill heat kicked in, case temps not sure about.

I bought a new soundcard xfi its the smaller version like in height or width w.e so it should be better cause the fans will have more room :)

but i will try and take out soundcard and see if temps go down more

and yes those are rubberbands :p

so ur saying i should cool the back to? :confused:

Just the vMem chip that was circled :)
Or have some sort of active cooling on it, since you already put some extra HS in other places, might as well put an extra one where it's hot :)

Taken from my XS post

Ok so here's what I got...

I couldn't get to the front of the card because my the angle... My CM 5 has good airflow :) With my 8800GT and Accelero S1 Cooler 713/1728/945

Back of card:
MOSFET area: 27C
Random areas: 25C
GPU core area: 27C

Front side:
RAMsink (idle): 31C
Near top of heat pipe (idle): 31C

GPU:
Idle 39C (RivaTuner)

================================

Load Temps:

Ambient: 23C for both

Back of card:
Memory voltage regulator: 41C
GPU voltage regularor: 37C
Random areas: 33C
GPU core area: 35C

Front side:
RAMsink (load): 41C
Near top of heat pipe (load): 33C

GPU:
Load 48C (RivaTuner)
2006088194087753976_rs.jpg

Ok so here's what I got...

I couldn't get to the front of the card because my the angle... My CM 5 has good airflow :) With my 8800GT and Accelero S1 Cooler 713/1728/945

Back of card:
MOSFET area: 27C
Random areas: 25C
GPU core area: 27C

Front side:
RAMsink (idle): 31C
Near top of heat pipe (idle): 31C

GPU:
Idle 39C (RivaTuner)

================================

Load Temps:

Ambient: 23C for both

Back of card:
Memory voltage regulator: 41C
GPU voltage regularor: 37C
Random areas: 33C
GPU core area: 35C

Front side:
RAMsink (load): 41C
Near top of heat pipe (load): 33C

GPU:
Load 48C (RivaTuner)
2006088194087753976_rs.jpg
nice! i think i will run ati tool as well

Just the vMem chip that was circled :)
Or have some sort of active cooling on it, since you already put some extra HS in other places, might as well put an extra one where it's hot :)

o alright i will do that i can use mx-2 on that right? i dont think i need glue for it since well its on the back of card :p

I also agree about sinking that memory controller, but make sure you use a nice adhesive that can transfer heat and also be removable; you never know when you might be itching for some volt mods. :)

41C on the memory is not too bad, because my 7900gs' reg goes all the way up to 70C! And that reading is just the air above it, not internally... I cannot wait until finals are over.

bryan d

testing with ati tool now :)
best cooler for the price performance is amazing
24163143yx8.png

88840551in2.png

Last edited:
I put my accelero S1 on my 8800GT today, and I'm seeing about the same temps under load, 38-41C. Mine is also held together with zip ties :p. Right now my card is at 738/1782/950 stable, I discovered that anything higher than 950 on the memory with give me artifacts after 15 minutes or so of ATI tool. However my memory VR on the back is not sinked, and I don't have any extra laying around to use. That overheating could be the culprit, but I do have a fan blowing right onto it and it doesn't feel very hot even when I leave my finger on it for a bit.

Anyway, it's good to see that other people are getting similar temps with their acceleros, I thought it was so cold that something must have been off.

Last edited:
IT comes with 8 sinks for the memory, but you will need 4 additional sinks to cool the other chips, 5 if you want to cool the one on the back of the card too.

My mistake, I thought it only came with ramsinks.

I wonder if the 2 heatspreaders cover all 4 of the chips that are sinked with the stock cooler?

accelero3.jpg

it has the mostfet cooler there, I wonder if it fits though, did yours fit redrumy?

Tried using it but wouldnt fit =| but u can probably make it fit somehow by modding it, i was thinking about cutting it in half but eh i had extra ramsinks from my previous cooler so i didnt try it :)

Back