• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone use this Hanns-G monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Awesomepatrol -

regarding the 1920x1200 resolution, i plugged in the vga cable to my dvi adapter to my video card and i got the full aspect ration, not 100% sure about the 1:1 but from my understanding it is "1:1"

im wondering if it is aswell a video card drive issue for the OSX side. i see they released a firmware update for it but havent downloaded it as of yet. but i dont think itll change anything to be quite honest.

with the labtop, the display on the labtop shows accurate 1440x900 and when i connect my Hanns-g monitor to it, it displays full 1920x1200 on the Hanns-g no stretching at all, same with the ATI card, the card itself doesnt stretch the monitor resolution so im wondering where the middle groundbetween the labtop gfx card is and the ati graphics card is. id ont have any other systems to tryit on so im kind of blindly assuming,

and btw im connecting to the labtop from HDMI to DVI (it has a dvi input)

ah yeah, that is also correct. i believe its one to one, and to retract something i said, when i uncheck "overscan" from my display options in OSX specifically it reduces the picture to the direct center of hte screen with blac bars surrounding the right & left and top and bottom. but still the scanning lans appear (only on dark gray backgrounds like the OCF forums.

im going to attribute it to a os issue not properly reading the digital connection.

because when i got an olevia 232h last winter osx didnt particularly do that however XP did. so i guess ill leave well enough alone and live with it. unless theres some other way to test it.

i doubt its a video card issue i tested numerous amounts of monitors on this system both on OSX and XP and it was a variety of different experiences. i like/need the real estate but if something pops up where i can pinpoint the issue thatd be great.

but im not entirely sure if Hanns-g is advertising htis as a PC monitor exclusively or a HDTV w/ PC Compatability cuz then that would probably explain the scan lines on the dark grey backgrounds. well greyish backgrounds, other pictures, portions of things look perfect. so im at a complete loss and until i figure it out it will probably be one of htose consistent nags

Back