• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair 450VX vs. Antec Trio Power 650

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

White_Pawn

i'm not very good with powersupplies, i recommend based on what i've seen people argue about. However, i've never seen this dilema before, and i see them for roughly the same price. 5 dollars cheaper for the corsair 450VX. I think it is $60//$65. So in terms of quality, which one is better?

The rig:
e2180
giga P35-DS3L
2 x 1 OCZ platnium 4-4-4-12 pc6400
xfx 7900gs xt (tried to convince him to get the 3850 for $190, but the 7900gs was only $90)
160gig seagate 7200.10
cooler... i'm trying to convince him to get a better one, but otherwise it may be the arctic cooler 7? (i think)
prolly a few 120mm fans.

I've convinced him to overclock, so we are looking to try to get that cpu to atleast 2.8ghz, aiming for 3.2ghz.

so. I'm pretty sure the corsair 450VX will run the rig, but he does have plans to upgrade this PC, so i was thinking the antec trio power 650 may be the better pick? Will eventually upgrade cpu to the Q9450 and eventually the videocard down the road.

I never had any problems having my Trio 650 running the rig in my sig. It has never given me any trouble and runs an 805 folding rig now.

The 450VX is a better choice without a doubt. Considering his budget is pretty limited, he won't get near 450w...even in the future.

650W is way overkill for your rig. If you are looking at a future GPU or CPU upgrade, the 550W unit from Corsair should be right up your alley. :)

The 450VX is a better choice without a doubt. Considering his budget is pretty limited, he won't get near 450w...even in the future.

that's the thing. For only a 5 dollar difference, it'll be ok. I'm just wondering which one is the better choice. The corsair 550VX is abnormally expensive, so its pretty much down to these two psus.

Back