• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spike TV video game awards *spoilers*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
GAHHHHHHHH! DAMNIT! I didn't read the "spoilers" part until it was too damned late!

Oh well... Not your fault I didn't see it. :(

LOL! Those awards are such a joke.

Best XBox Game: BioShock
Best PC Game: Orange Box

Riiiiiiiiight... Do they just throw darts to pick these? (Yellow darts, perhaps? :p) Both are cross platform. Both are excellent games. If BioShock is the better XBox game, then one would assume it's a better PC game as well (or vice versa), no?

Well Bioshock was designed primarily for the 360 while the Orange Box was designed primarily for the pc. I know I don't want to deal with Bioshock's pc copyright protection.

Halo 3: Most Addictive Game Fueled by Mountain Dew

real-mountain-dew-halo-3.jpg

That makes sense, I guess. Also a fair decision.

LOL! Those awards are such a joke.

Best XBox Game: BioShock
Best PC Game: Orange Box

Riiiiiiiiight... Do they just throw darts to pick these? (Yellow darts, perhaps? :p) Both are cross platform. Both are excellent games. If BioShock is the better XBox game, then one would assume it's a better PC game as well (or vice versa), no?

I think it would be hard to give Orange Box GOTY because all the games its based around (Half-Life 2) has been out for a long time.

Well Bioshock was designed primarily for the 360 while the Orange Box was designed primarily for the pc. I know I don't want to deal with Bioshock's pc copyright protection.

I understand what you're getting at w/ native platforms, etc. It's a good point... but in context of an award show that gives games awards based on their content/graphics/etc, it shouldn't really matter. The content is the same from platform to platform.

I don't know. Just seems silly as hell to me. And the Mt Dew award... wtf? Don't get me wrong. I'm a Halo 3 fan, but that award HAD to have been thrown in there simply for the fact that Mt Dew was a sponsor, and that H3 was the only game they really endorsed. Who the hell else is going to win it?...

OK... The award for the best player to play on the Chicago Bulls is:

1) Michael Jordan
2) Kobe Bryant
3) Shaq
4) Kareem Abdul Jabbar

It's overrated (the copy protection). Chances are you'll play through Bioshock once or twice at a stretch and then not play it again. I might pick it up for the hell of it. I installed once on DX9 and once on DX10 so I'll probably call them tomorrow for another key (which will be good for something like 10 installs). Then in a few months they'll release a patch which will drop that whole securom thing altogether.

No big deal.

I also think it's very common for people to want to give awards to the last game that came out. But I don't think any game this year was able to put out as complete a package as Bioshock. You can't give The Orange Box an award that it's already won. HL2 already had it's Game of the Year. And, while Portal deserves a number of special achievement awards, I think, much like Team Fortress 2, it's not enough in and of itself to qualify for Game of the Year.

But from presentation to execution Bioshock was a masterpiece that accomplished exactly what it set-out to do. It wasn't trying to be a technical marvel and a complete multiplayer experience at the same time like Crysis was. It chose to do one thing exceptionally well.

And, while I agree, that the only real competition for it was COD4... COD4 merely perfected a genre (the "War" FPS). Bioshock invented a new one.

It's overrated (the copy protection). Chances are you'll play through Bioshock once or twice at a stretch and then not play it again. I might pick it up for the hell of it. I installed once on DX9 and once on DX10 so I'll probably call them tomorrow for another key (which will be good for something like 10 installs). Then in a few months they'll release a patch which will drop that whole securom thing altogether.

No big deal.

I also think it's very common for people to want to give awards to the last game that came out. But I don't think any game this year was able to put out as complete a package as Bioshock. You can't give The Orange Box an award that it's already won. HL2 already had it's Game of the Year. And, while Portal deserves a number of special achievement awards, I think, much like Team Fortress 2, it's not enough in and of itself to qualify for Game of the Year.

But from presentation to execution Bioshock was a masterpiece that accomplished exactly what it set-out to do. It wasn't trying to be a technical marvel and a complete multiplayer experience at the same time like Crysis was. It chose to do one thing exceptionally well.

And, while I agree, that the only real competition for it was COD4... COD4 merely perfected a genre (the "War" FPS). Bioshock invented a new one.

For once I can completely agree with the pink signature. There will be personal opinions and preferences that everyone will have, but I think Bioshock nailed it for this year. The game on a whole is a wonderful experience and had all of my senses totally engrossed while I had time to play it.

On a side note, I don't even think its fair to include the orange box in these awards. How can they break into up into parts in one instance (portal), and keep it the same in others??? Completely bogus in my opinion which screams to me that these awards are inherently flawed (although bioshock they guessed right :)).

OK... The award for the best player to play on the Chicago Bulls is:

1) Michael Jordan
2) Kobe Bryant
3) Shaq
4) Kareem Abdul Jabbar

LOL

These awards are a joke, and I agree that you can not give the Orange Box awards as a whole, or as one game per-say. All this BioShock talk is actually making me want to pick it up. I played it for about an hour on 360, but dind't want to mess with the copy crap.

LOL

These awards are a joke, and I agree that you can not give the Orange Box awards as a whole, or as one game per-say. All this BioShock talk is actually making me want to pick it up. I played it for about an hour on 360, but dind't want to mess with the copy crap.

Of course the awards are a joke. THEY'RE ON SPIKE TV! Did you see any of those LOSERS in the audience? It was a F'N Buck Rogers convention.

THen you have SAM-L dishing out corny canned jokes...

Awards Shows are overrated anyway. What are you going to do, get the whole development team onstage every time something wins an award?

But Jade Raymond needs to win a Golden Cartridge or something for marketing Asssassin's Creed. I think she could sell people a pile of dog crap just as well with her looks/voice.

But Jade Raymond needs to win a Golden Cartridge or something for marketing Asssassin's Creed. I think she could sell people a pile of dog crap just as well with her looks/voice.

She could probably sell us Daikatana.

Back